July 7, 1956 - Lee Petty Sparkles at Spartanburg

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

Just got home from Daytona's race last night and about 12 hours on the road today. I'm tarred .

So here is the short, sweet and simple version of today's Petty focus.

July 7, 1956 - Lee Petty won at Piedmont Interstate Fairgrounds in Spartanburg. That's all I've got for now. Read on for ...the rest of the story.

http://bench-racing.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-7-1956-lee-petty-sparkles-at.html

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 07/07/17 12:37:23PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Get some rest, Chase. That's too much driving for me these days. Over and over Spartanburg played a major role in NASCAR's history. Thanks for the post.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Great job, as usual, even if you are "tarred". Great to have you back. I'm betting you enjoyed that race. It was a good one to watch, although, like all restrictor plate races, I sit on the edge of the chair waiting for the "big one" and praying no one gets hurt. I sure hope Hamlin is ok but I can't help but wonder how he made it through that one without more injury. Wasn't it a back problem that finally put David Pearson on the sideline? Seems to me he told me that when I interviewed him on my radio show back in 1994.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
7 years ago
9,137 posts

Bump

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"