Destroying Weekly Racing From the Inside

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

In the vein of "We have seen the enemy and it is us..." I offer an editorial opinion on what's currently destroying weekly short track racing.

Most of you are familiar with the wonderful historic photos from 3Wide's Picture Vault .

Here, that same source says it's not the yuppies or new neighbors or government regulations killing the weekly show these days... it's the promoters and competitors. Some real food for thought here that you can sink your teeth in.

Click on link below :

http://www.3widespicturevault.com/FRONT%20PAGE%20STUFF/Something_to_Think_About_J08.07.13.htm

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:09:31PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

Wow. what a great story/article.. Dave this guy hits it right on the head....

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

The writer seems to know his subject!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

Can't argue with reason

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

Absolutely...throughout history, greed, ignorance, lack of social skills, and stupidity have ran off more drivers and fans and consequently closed more tracks than anything else. And it is still going one. Thank goodness for the real promoters. Look around at the ones who are successful...a good many of them are racers.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

I do believe I said a few of those things, in an article I wrote back in May. And yes, I too lost a few "friends" who either couldn't or wouldn't see the Forest for the Trees! But, it was the complacency of these very "friends" who supposedly loved the Sport of Dirt Racing....as much as I did. I had been gone for several years, they were there all along. They couldn't see what was happening? Please!! And they think they can start a whole new Season, without making any changes....wrong again!

I was accused of "jumping into bed" with another Track..LOL!! But you get in the most comfortable bed...if given the chance...Right?

However, a very wise man once told me, "When you find yourself the smartest one in the crowd...it is time to find another crowd."