Returned from My First Racers Reunion

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

I have been forwarned, and dispite my own trepidations, I offer this first post since returning home from the GREAT Hillsborough event.

I finnally got to meet 'The Legend', and despite being warned about him and listening to all the inuendos, I actually found Tim to be a NICE guy, with talent to boot. Thankfully, he has a great sense of humor as well.

updated by @will-cronkrite: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

Will, Sure wish I could have been there. Will try harder next year. Glad you had a great time. Did you check Tim's I.D.? lol.......

PS. He is a good guy......

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Thought you were gonna ask if Will checked his wallet! And like you, wish I could have been there, too, Bill, with Tim, Will and all the other good guys and gals. I made it past two years, but out of town company prevailed this year.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
11 years ago
820 posts

Dave, I have the weakest excuse of all. I promised the guy that bought my #20 Coupe I would come out to Speedworld and help him last night......And it was rained out and I realized what a weekend I missed . At least I kept my word to him. I'll put it on my schedule the earliest I find out when it is next year.....

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Will, it was an absolute AWESOME pleasure meeting you. I am so happy to see that you have posted on the site. As we talked about yesterday, your participation here is invaluable to RacersReunion because of your experience and knowledge. Please hang around more and post comments often!

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that very much. I am assuming the "warnings" all came from Jeff Gilder, but I expect that from him. His jealousy of my popularity here on RacersReunion causes him to make comments he often regrets!!!!!

I look forward to the next time we can be in the same place at the same time and maybe have more of a chance to talk. I want to know so much more about your experiences in racing.

God bless.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Can't believe Jeff Gilder passed up my comment. Guess it confirms what I said!!!!! lol

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

I didn't pass it up...just now having the opportunity to respond...guessing you needed a larger hat after Will's comments....especially after receiving that great award from the Historic Speedway Group!. Congrats, my friend!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Thanks, Jeff. Just "funning" with you of course. The award was so totally unexpected, my first ever really. I have that plaque hanging right here above the desk in The Lair.

As for meeting Will, thanks for calling me over to introduce us. I hope that he and I will be building a friendship here. The two of us seem to have much in common although he is so much smarter than am I.

Glad you madeit home safely. Have a great Monday and stand by for the Rodeo tomorrow night. Oh, and just one more time, thanks for allowing me to do what I do.

--

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

Please tell us about Tims's award, I missed that, but whatever it was, I am certain that he deserved it.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

Tim will have to tell us what the plaque says, but I heard them say he was now an Honorary Member of the Historic Speedway Group. I think that was a misspell...should have been ornery,

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
11 years ago
123 posts

Tim, Congradulations on you award, I think they made a mistake, IT said Honorary , Did they not mean Hon 0 rie?

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
11 years ago
308 posts

right on the money. JG.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Dave, we really missed you up there but I understand the company issue. Next year, I hope, you will be there.

--

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

I knew I was in trouble when I saw that Mike Sykes had commented!!!!

--

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Jimmy, I am shocked that you can spell "Honorary"!

--

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

It was my loss. I thought all day Saturday about the goings on and what beautiful weather the day was blessed with.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
11 years ago
169 posts

It was great meeting and talking with you Friday night Will. I hope to see you again soon.

Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
11 years ago
169 posts

I hate you could not make it this year Dave but understand about the out of town company.

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

Robin, the pleasure was mine. I appreciate your help on Friday evening. You and all the others were most kind and gracious. I will be attending again. Thank you all.