Long Live RacersReunion

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

This is a more serious post, LOL.

I never expected what I saw at Hillsborough this Saturday. Way more cars that I was expecting. High quality show cars and a wide spectrum of vintage race cars the exceeded anything that I had envisioned. Billy Bisco had 4-5 early cars, and I was really impressed with the Bill/Marrio Rossi and the Petty Cup cars. It was way cool to match faces to names as well. Jeff Gilder was particularly helpful for my first visit and I really enjoyed meeting Tim Leeming and Jimmy Johnson as well when I first got there.

Good food, plenty of souveniers, a huge gaggle of cars and PERFECT weather. I hope some one posts pictures.

Thanks RacersReunion folks, you made me feel at home and I have not had a more enjoyable time in many years.

updated by @will-cronkrite: 08/06/18 06:16:06AM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Note to Will: You WERE at home! All the folks are racing folks and you are certainly well encompassed in that. What an honor and pleasure to meet you.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Perry, it was great seeing you and Greg this weekend. As I said, anytime anything racing is happening in Spartanburg, please let me know. I would love to be there if circumstances permit. Thanks for all you do.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jimmy Johnson
@jimmy-johnson
11 years ago
123 posts

Thanks Will and a pleasure meeting you, We enjoy all the events but this one is very special to all. We are a big family that has grown leaps and bounds in the last 6 years. WELCOME.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
11 years ago
1,783 posts

Will,

It was awesome to finally meet you in person! I will get to work this week editing the video with your and other's fascinating stories we recorded this weekend.

Hat's off to the Historic Speedway Group for yet another fantqstic job!!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
11 years ago
308 posts

Will I seen you several times but you were always in a deep conversation with some one and we never got to speak. Come back next year and maybe we can talk.I know you had a great time each time I seen you you had a big grin on.

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

Hey Mike, don't hesitate to walk up and speak. I get to chattin' sometimes, but I always like to meet folks and make new friends. I did have a great time and am sure I was grinning often. It's agood crowd.