Historic Speedway Group, Thank you

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

To all the ladies and gentlemen of The Historic Speedway Group, thank you for a most wonderful weekend. I was in Hillsborough Friday night and all day Saturday and the sights, sounds, and experiences will forever be a part of my memory. You folks always present a show without comparison.

I would also like to personally thank each and every one of you who have allowed me to become an Honorary Member of your group. Being presented that plaque on Saturday was a total surprise and I think I was almost speechless for a moment. Of course, with me, speechlessness never lasts more than just a moment. But I thank you sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, for such an honor. The Plaque is hanging right in front of my desk in The Lair so everytime I sit down to write, or do the radio show on Tuesday nights, I will rememberyour hard work and efforts and always feel the warmth of that pot-bellied stove.

Thank you all,

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

tim i agree with you the historic speedway group put on a number one show

Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
11 years ago
308 posts

Tim as you know these folks work 364 day's for this show. And you are right it is a great honor just to be in their presence.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Mike, frankly I don't see how they get everything they do accomplished in just 364 days. This was my fifth time up there and every time I leave I think it can't be any better. Yet, I come back the next year and it blows me away again. Being there is a feeling I can't fully describe, but I don't think winning the Daytona 500 could feel any better for me than walking into that gathering.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Devin
@devin
11 years ago
618 posts

What a special presentation to you from a great group of people. :)