Never, Ever, doubt the impact of RR on NASCAR or the popularity of TMC Chase

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

I watched the first few laps of the races before heading out to my church for a special presentation honoring the Wounded Warriors. It was an amazing presentation and we got to sing all the good old patriot songs as well as hear from many members of the Armed Forces, including a female Army Officer who was severely wounder in Iraq and was told she wouldn't walk again. She walks, and she talks with compassion and authority that demands your attention. Didn't mean to get sidetracked there, but it was a track well worth taking.

The real purpose of this post is this; they announced the grandstands at Phoenix were sold out. And they looked pretty full. I attribute that reprieve for NASCAR to the announcement earlier in the week by our own TMC Chase, a member in very good standing here on RacersReunion, stating he would appear in Phoenix for the race. Based on that one announcement, Phoenix was able to sell out the stands. If Chase plays his cards right, he can probably be Grand Marshall at the Daytona 500.

Congratulations Chase. Hope you and your friends had a great time in Phoenix. For the record, you were missed here!!!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

So thats what that bright spot was that kept beaming every time they made a lap. Even though you made it hard to see at that spot you were at ----Way to go Hero

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

Smile, LOL

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Thanks, Will. Great to see your "smile" around this morning. Hope all is well with you.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

Tim, so why do you think the race was nearly sold out? If TMC Chase is the reason for sellout grand stands he needs to get into the business of promoting race tracks, he'll be a millionaire by the end of the season.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Not to take any credit at all away from TMC-Chase, but I suspect that he and his group were too busy using the Shaefer product in a medicinal manner to ward off the effect of potential rattlesnake bites in the desert to worry about how many fannies were in seats.

By the way... Phoenix is another locale that has reduced its seating capacity and only claims only 51,000 grandstand seats, i.e. below excerpt from coverage in Charlotte Observer:

While Phoenix International Raceway has reduced its seating capacity during recent years, that the track still sold out its 51,000 grandstand seats was impressive, as was the championship-like atmosphere that surrounded Sundays race. If the track could upgrade some facilities which it would like to do it would make an excellent location to host the season finale.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

With limited rest, I'm back from the West! I plan to blog / post more info in the days to come. But the short recap is that I had easily the most fun, complete, and even unexpected race experience at Phoenix. Being the Grand Marshal was about the only thing that DIDN'T break our way. Some of the highlights included:

• Hot Passes for the weekend
  • Friday Cup qualifying and truck race
  • Hospitality access for Saturday and Sunday
  • Golf cart transportation just about anywhere we needed to go
  • 10 minute private conversation with The King at his motorcoach
  • Fantastic steak dinner at Rustler's Rooste as recommended by Dave Fulton
  • A Q&A session with Ryan Newman in our hospitality area that included about 2 dozen vets of Iraq and Afghanistan battles
  • Standing with the Ryan Newman / 39 team on pit road for Sunday's invocation and National Anthem
  • About 50 laps sitting atop the 39 team's pit box watching Matt Borland and his engineering team work race strategy

Friday practice and qualifying

Championship contenders were parked in side by side garage bays. For Kenseth, however, this was the closest he could get to the 48 all weekend.

I really hoped this was going to happen - just didn't if it would. I was asked at the hauler "Are you ready to go meet him?" I obviously said "Sure! Is he here?" I was then told "No, but I'll walk you over to his motorhome."

The Schaefer Hall Of Fame had a great time as always. With a case shipped to our hotel in advance of our trip, we were ready to enjoy. We even inducted a couple from Tucson into the Schaefer Ring of Honor. Robyn was taking in only her 2nd ever Cup race - the being last year's event. She and husband Marc really enjoyed the Schaefer stories - and the Schaefer itself.

Fueled By Bacon!

This may well be the coolest thing I've ever experienced. Gives a totally different perspective.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 12/22/16 12:51:22PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Good Lord, Chase, I am truly sorry you had such an awful time in that rattlesnake infested desert. Maybe you learned your lesson and will stay away from such experiences in the future. But Welcome back.

--

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Sounds like ole TMC-Chase went out west and hit the MOTHER LODE!!! Can't wait for the blow-by-blow!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"