I regret to inform you...

Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

...that Tim Wilson died yesterday.

He was a devoted NASCAR fan and one of my favorite comedians. Unfortunately it also cost me a speaker.

My hearing of his death was too much for me and I threw a speaker. Man, I loved this guy.

RIP Tim Wilson!

updated by @eric-cardona: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
10 years ago
171 posts
Sorry to hear this, Eric. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Definitely a big loss. Hits close to home as Tim was only 52. A really funny guy with several routines and songs - several about NASCAR and its personalities. Saw him perform at Zanie's comedy club about a decade ago and laughed from start to finish.

If you haven't heard OF Tim Wilson, perhaps you've heard the comedy song BY him. Amongst the NASCAR bunch, he was probably best known for She named me Dale Darrell Waltrip Richard Petty Rusty Awesome Bill Gordon Irvan Earnhardt Smith Johnson Junior...

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

I liked "Dale Jarrett's Car" and "Jeff Gordon's Gay" better for some reason

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

may he rest in peace. I have heard him many times when he would guest on the John Boy and Billy show. A very funny guy and decent singer also. My condolences to his family, wife and two children.

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts
I have them too. Just not sure others are as familiar with them. I shared the video of Tim's song "Brother In Law" here just a few weeks ago.

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Certainly sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends, and to you too Eric.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

A comedy genius, God Speed Tim.

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
10 years ago
559 posts

I have a personal Tim Wilson experience to share. I went to see Tim once at The Comedy Cabana in Myrtle Beach. Now, I have always loved Tim, and James Gregory. They could have been part of my Family, literally. After the Show, Tim and I struck up a conversation. Well, you know me...I LOVE to laugh, and talk. During our conversation, he learned how much my Family, my Brothers in particular thought of him. He said, "Let's call H.B."...to which I politely picked up the phone and proceeded to call my Brother. When HB answered, I said..."I have someone who wants to talk to you". I don't know...if ANY gift I give my Brother will EVER top that one. They joked and laughed for a good while. That was a fun night..to say the least!! I carry his CD's with me, wherever I go. The only solace I find in this..is the fact that my other Brother Ricky, now has him in Heaven with him. God Speed...Tim, your love and laughter will live on...and on.....

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Great story PTK. Interesting too you had a brother named Ricky. One of my favorite Tim WIlson bits/songs is Ricky Tidwell's Mama - about how a high school coach wanted HER for the football team vs. Ricky Tidwell.

--
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
10 years ago
559 posts

Chase...they played that this morning on John Boy & Billy's Show. And,I had 2 brothers named Ricky..LOL!! One half, the other step. Used to blow people's minds with that one.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

That reminds me that on our last RR visit to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, Tim Leeming and I had a conversation with an employee who looked vaguely familiar.

Turned out he was the "My other brother, Darryl" actor from the Bob Newhart Show .

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/10/25/4414555/where-you-can-find-the-other-brother.html#.UxDLhM5ezTo

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts
The various "uncle BS"...Tim's uncle Binford Smith Wilson, are a riot too.
Russell Rector
@russell-rector
10 years ago
80 posts

I really enjoyed Tim and his uncle "B.S." . He(they) will sorely be missed.

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
10 years ago
559 posts

Dave, that is what I used to think of, and get tickled over, when I would talk about my Brothers....Ricky..LOL!!

Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
10 years ago
196 posts

I watch the "Road Dogs" video every week, and I put the captions on.

The Uncle BS story with CC started with "Ugly @$$, where were you..."blah blah blah