TMC Chase, our own History Minute Guru, honored by special invitation.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Many of you may know that Richard Petty has moved the Petty Museum back from downtown Randleman to the old Petty Enterprises site in Level Cross. The King will be cutting the ribbon to the new facility on Wednesday Night, March 12, 2014. By personal invitation from the Pettys, TMC Chase will be in attendance at the ribbon cutting.

Chase has contributed countless hours to the History Minute we do here each day as well as his own historic guide to all of the Petty Victories which he often adds an attachment to the History Minutes. He is a true Petty fan through and through. All of us here at RacersReunion should be very proud of what Chase has done, and what he continues to do for us here on the site. I'm not sure how long it is going to take us to get that smile off his face after Wednesday night but I do know he is a young man who deserves the honor. Oh, and I have asked him to get lots of pictures.

Be safe, Chase, and enjoy every single second of it. You've earned the honor!!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 08/06/18 12:40:59PM
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Absolutely fantastic!Looking forward to seeing photos.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Way to goChase, very deserving and you make us all proud to know you.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Congratulations Chase!

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
10 years ago
559 posts

Congratulations....Chase!!

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Really looking forward to the event. I'm about as excited as a kid getting a pony. Or in the case of the King's enunciation, a Pony-ack.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Robin L. Agner
@robin-l-agner
10 years ago
169 posts

Congratulations Chase!!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Good for you, Chase. Enjoy the ribbon cutting!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

From NBC Sports:

Richard Petty Museum moves back to Petty family compound in Level C ross

Mar 9, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT

richard petty museum

Richard Petty is going back home to Level Cross, N.C. the Richard Petty Museum, that is.

Ribbon cutting ceremonies and an open house will take place Wednesday evening at the Petty compound in Level Cross.

The relocated museum holds much of what NASCARs winningest driver has ever won or achieved in his legendary career. It will now be housed in the site of the original Petty Enterprises and Petty Engineering facilities, the same facility where The King developed many of the cars that led him to a record seven Grand National and Winston Cup championships and 200 career wins.

The Petty museum has been housed in nearby Randleman, N.C. since 2003. But a few years ago, it was decided to bring it back within the Petty family compound in Level Cross, where it began in 1988 by Richards wife Lynda.

Its time to move the museum back, Petty told Autoweek last November . Were really grateful for everyone in Randleman for allowing us to move the museum there when our race shop had to grow. We now have the opportunity to move it back to where it all started, and I think everyone agrees thats where it belongs.

We want people to come and see the history on the same ground where it all happened. Were going to take the time to make it even better, too. Its exciting for our family, and we hope everyone will enjoy it with us.

The teams performance headquarters, Richard Petty Motorsports, will remain in Concord, N.C.

Likewise, Victory Junction Gang Camp, started by Pettys son Kyle and wife Pattie to honor late son Adam, who was killed in a racing accident in 2000, will remain based in Randleman.

Even before it re-opens its doors, the museum already has expansion plans in place to also honor team patriarch Lee Petty, including allowing fans to visit the Lee Petty House, where both Richard and brother Maurice were born. All three Pettys and cousin Dale Inman, Richards long-time crew chief, are now enshrined in the NASCAR Hall of Fame, with Maurice being inducted in January.

Pettys daughter, Rebecca Moffitt, who also runs the Petty Family Foundation, has overseen the transition of the museum from Randleman to back home on the Petty range.

This is a project our family has been working on for over the last year, she told Autoweek. This will give fans the most genuine look at the Petty racing history. Were going to work hard to ensure that when we open the original location, itll be a destination for all race fans.

--
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Here Here Congrats

Shan Coughlin
@shan-coughlin
10 years ago
17 posts

What an honor! Can't wait to see the pictures.

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Am I excited? You betcha.

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

You have every right to be excited Chase. Can't wait for the pictures and the report. Way to go!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

More to come. Let's just say it was a fantastic evening.

L to R:Schaefer HOF co-founder Philly, Rebecca Petty Moffitt, TMC, and some cat who crashed the soiree and tried to blend in by wearing dark clothes and sunglasses at night.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

!!! Great photo !!!

--
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

Congrats Chase, had to be a memorable evening. Cant wait to hear more about it.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Pockrass from The Sporting News was at the event Wednesday and recorded a couple of minutes of coverage from the race. I can't figure a way to embed the video, but here is a link to the footage Bob shot Wed night.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/video/1vkgbmk49zjp21jc26x1690y79

--
Devin
@devin
10 years ago
618 posts

Thanks for sharing the videos, guys!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Man, I'm betting that Dude in the hat and sunglasses was thrilled to encounter our own TMC Chase. Must have been an honor he will remember for a long time to come.

--