Women in the Winner's Circle Exhibit - NASCAR Hall of Fame

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

When the RacersReunion group arrives for the NASCAR Hall of Fame visit put together by Tim Leeming for Saturday, March 29, 2014, we'll have the added enjoyment of seeing the Women in the Winner's Circle traveling historic exhibit put together by Lyn St. James:

Women in the Winner's Circle

Start date/time:
03/08/2014
End date/time:
06/08/2014

Danica Patrick is far from the only female trailblazer to hit the fast lane. Just in time for Womens History Month in March, the NASCAR Hall of Fames newest exhibit, Women in the Winners Circle, will debut March 8 showcasing six decades of women in racing. Developed by The Henry Ford Museum and the Women in the Winners Circle Foundation, this traveling exhibit makes a debut stop in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame has added core exhibit artifacts from NASCAR pioneer Louise Smith, record-setting driver Patty Moise in addition to other former and current drivers including Janet Guthrie, Johanna Long, Jennifer Jo Cobb and more. The exhibit will also feature significant artifacts belonging to influential women in NASCAR, such as Kelley Earnhardt Miller, who owned cars that made it into victory lane. Mark your calendar to check out this display in the Great Hall featuring vehicles, uniforms, trophies and more unexpected memorabilia.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

That is an additional bonus feature for us. Thanks, Dave.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Will Lyn St James be there ? i hope so

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Leon, Lyn was in town last week making the rounds at some Charlotte television stations. Don't know of any plans for her to be around Saturday... but who knows.

--
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
10 years ago
626 posts

Thanks Dave

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
10 years ago
589 posts

The Georgia Racing Hall of Fame just recently loaned to the NHOF a Sara Christian worn driving uniform that will be a part of this exhibit. On the back, it read's Bob Flock's Garage

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks for pointing this out, Cody. We'll be sure to look for it Saturday.

--