Jeremy Mayfield Story

S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
10 years ago
514 posts

Whether you believe him or not this is still worth watching. There are usually 3 side to every story. Most have heard NASCAR's side now listen to Jeremy's side. There will more episode released soon.

http://www.j2mayfield.com/

updated by @stars-radio: 12/16/16 07:54:05AM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Years from now, when all the dust has settled, I suspect Jeremy may best be remembered for starring in perhaps the worst NASCAR sponsor television commercial ever made.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
10 years ago
4,073 posts

Oh c'mon Dave. I absolutely love the awfulness of that commercial. A buddy of mine and I still quote it frequently and laugh each time. Any time we trade an email about Mayfield, we always spell the first name as "Jerrremyyy". Ha

We may need a thread on best & worst commercials - ones that can still be found on YouTube & such. One of the worst - yet one of the best - is the King's spot for Son Of A Gun. "Shoot da daysh, shoot da tars." Man I love that one.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Chase, you ought to start that thread. This King commercial isn't really bad nor really good, just really classic in that he was shilling for Lowe's before JJ came along:

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Do you think the Kasey Kahne Allstate series commercials would rank?

--
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

wow..... We all know they have done and will do worse in the future.. He sounds believable and IF he has all the med. evidence he says he has I hope he has deep pockets because they sure as h*** do......

a sad situation and I only hope we find out the truth someday but doubt if we ever will.

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

I can't say one way or the other about what happened with Mayfield and NASCARbut I can tell you he raced with the new KOMA Unwind Modified Madness Series at Hickory in March. He did a good job in a car he didnt see until race day and finished 8th. He was very respectful and made sure he understood everything rule wise and also understood everyone was watching him closely. Didn't act like a druggie to me. He even went so far as to ask the track promoter if he was good with him racing since Hickory is a NASCAR sanctioned track. I hope to see himm at Coastal Plains Raceway on May 25th when the new series runs the "Semper Fi 125".

--
Randy Myers
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

Randy, I had no idea there was such a nice looking track at Jacksonville, NC until I saw your note above and went to web site. Thanks.

http://www.coastalplainsraceway.com/roundtrack/trackinfo/

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

I am very happy to have been able to watch this. I have believed, from day one, that the Mayfield story was another one of NASCAR's Nazi-like actions akin to what they did to Tim Richmond. As much as I love NASCAR racing, the iron hand with which it is ruled sometimes doesn't equate to "good ole boys" values. I believed Jeremy at the time, I believe him now. Sad that there is no way the truth will ever come out and be accepted as we know what happens to those who dare to defy the rulers of NASCAR.

By the way, Randy Myers, excellent shot of you in that video!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Randy Myers3
@randy-myers3
10 years ago
23 posts

Donations accepted! LOL! Load up the goats and ride on out to Coastal Plains on the 25th.

--
Randy Myers