Winchester ARCA Better than NASCAR Daytona, F-1 Silverstone or IndyCar Pocono

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

On Sunday I watched the rain at Daytona, the Juan Pablo Montoya IndyCar runaway at Pocono and the Silverstone, England Formula One event won by Lewis Hamilton. Poor ole David Hobbs gets way too excited anytime one of his F-1 cars gets within ten feet of another.

Good to see the #43 return to NASCAR victory lane, but far and away the best show of the day was the ARCA stock car race at Winchester, Indiana.

The race was dominated by "old man" Ken Schrader, which did my heart good.

The final lap produced one of the most exciting passes of the year. If you believe "rubbing is racing" and '" 8 wheels are better than 4" - then you'll love the move on the final turn by 17 year old Georgian, Brandon Jones in his very first ARCA race.

Tell me what you think of this move and how it compared to the finish of the NASCAR race at Daytona:

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Steve Struve
@steve-struve
10 years ago
47 posts

This show reminded me of the three dozen otherARCA (MARC) shows I witnessed in the sixties and seventies. Good racing. I was amazed to see Winchester again - they have made some improvements since I last was there. (I'm also glad to see it is still in operation when so many others aren't. - Dayton, New Bremen, just to name a few...)

It would have been nice to see ol' Kenny win it though !

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

That video brought back memories of Craven-Busch at Darlington 2003. Cars dancing around and bumping and banging and 'almost' taking each other out.