Tony Wants Sprint Cup at Eldora

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

great idea and wonderful for racing but I don't believe I will see a cup race in my lifetime at a dirt track so far removed from a major city. we can certainly dream and wish it would happen as that would be a throw back to a more exciting time for sure.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Bill, you know exactly how NASCAR thinks; you've hit the nail on the head. They will look at all the academic reasons why Eldorawon'twork and close the book. . Wilkesboro, Darlington, and Eldora all have a very intagnible, but measurable, magic. Here's the other part, the time-honored proven part, the one that NASCAR will surely miss: true fans will camp out, sleep on the ground or in cars, and on cars, and decorated school busesif the magic is there.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

lol....Bobby you made me remember the time I slept on the hood of the truck leaning back on the windshield just to be one of the first in line. I spent my motel money for new tires....great time tho...

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

It would be the best thing to happen to Cup racing in a long time. There's not a SINGLE dull moment during the Eldora truck race. How many cookie cutter asphalt tracks can you say that about?It's odd to say but the only way NASCAR can dig itself out of the hole it's in is by adding more dirt.

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
10 years ago
1,783 posts

I like that Sandeep!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Ed Billing
@ed-billing
10 years ago
2 posts

If NASCAR wants a bigger market for a dirt race, just look at the DuQuion state fairgrounds. It's only about an hour from St Louis, and ARCA races on the mile dirt there every year. No real major changes needed for the cars either. The ARCA teams can run any car in their stable and run well.

It's one of my favorite races to go see, 3400 lbs cars on dirt, put on a great show!

David l steelman
@david-l-steelman
10 years ago
31 posts
What about a truck race at Bowman Gray Stadium, Winston-Salem, NC? Seating capacity is about same as Eldora. I heard this last night from someone who has a high interest in the possibility!
Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
10 years ago
360 posts

They should hold the All-Star race on the dirt track near Charlotte Motor Speedway. It'd actually be worth watching then.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
10 years ago
907 posts

Awesome, Sandeep!!

David l steelman
@david-l-steelman
10 years ago
31 posts
Great idea, why could they not run a truck race at the Charlotte dirt track maybe 4 to 7 days before Or after Eldora?
David l steelman
@david-l-steelman
10 years ago
31 posts
Or Syracuse Mile! We ran Modifieds with Bobby Isaac as our driver of the #9 Steelman car twice late 50's. Great venue!
David l steelman
@david-l-steelman
10 years ago
31 posts
I watched every lap this year and last. Best race of the year including all 3 series!