KYLE BUSCH

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Now Kyle will be out of the race due to injuries sustained when he kissed the wall in todays race. HEAD ON

Kyle Busch Injury: Updates on NASCAR Star's Status and Return

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
9 years ago
196 posts

I heard he had a broken leg, I don't really care for Kyle but I wish him a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Gotta get those SAFER Barriers up EVERYWHERE.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

well he flat smacked that wall for sure. From what I could see over there he crawled out on his own but was holding his knee it looked like. Like a dummy I didnt take the first photo before the place was covered by people. Said he was cooking at over 90 mph when he hit it.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
9 years ago
907 posts

tweet of the day,,,,"Daytona has a 400 million dollar expansion underway, but none spent on SAFER barriers...."

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Kyle Busch broke his right leg and left foot in a vicious hit Saturday into a concrete wall during the Xfinity Series race. He'll miss the Daytona 500 on Sunday and is out indefinitely.

Busch sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture in the crash with eight laps remaining. Joe Gibbs Racing said he was undergoing surgery on his right leg.

Matt Crafton, a two-time Truck Series champion, will replace Busch in the No. 18 Toyota on Sunday in the season-opening Sprint Cup Series race. It will be Crafton's Daytona 500 debut.

Busch's injury occurred when his car slammed head-on into an interior wall that did not have an energy-absorbing SAFER barrier. It's a similar injury to the one suffered by Tony Stewart in an August 2013 sprint car crash, but not as severe as Stewart's was a double compound fracture.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
9 years ago
626 posts

Hate to see that happen hope he`s going to be ok

Blane Moon
@blane-moon
9 years ago
113 posts

I do not like to see a driver hurt or equipment torn up. Watch the replay and look who's driving started the accident....Kyle Busch!

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
9 years ago
360 posts

Wish him a painless recovery as possible. Meanwhile, most of the 26 Xfinity races he was scheduled to run in that overfunded #54 car just got a lot more interesting as Erik Jones will be driving starting this weekend at Atlanta.

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
9 years ago
167 posts

Just as general input I would add that like in the Danica / Denny mishap, appearances can be deceiving. If you start the race with your car setup for forward bite off the turns, you are more than likely to be aero 'light' going thru the trioval. As the race progresses, temperature changes, grip increases/decreases, and tire wear, etc., a driver has his hands full even keeping control of his own car and has NO ability or anymental telepathy to know anything about how these changing conditions has affected any other drivers car. A 'bump' draft is normally welcome by the front driver as it benefits him by an increase in momentum. It does not help the 'bumping' driver in any significant way. If you have never driven a car in high speed / aero conditions it is VERY difficult to describe the effects that aerodynamics has on the stability of that car, especially at Daytona and it's racing surface. Again, the driver in the rear has NO WAY of knowing, nor is he responsible for the way/condition that thecar in front of him is set up, or is currently handling as a result of decisions made by others in the pits. Crew Chiefs are always making decisions of speed vs handling. Additionally, it always seems to be the driver in the rear that is blamed when another driver is hit in the butt! Think about this: Speed is affected by the 'square of the change' in horsepower and by the 'cube of the reduction' in the drag coefficient.

What I am trying to say is that if the driver in the front even slightly lifts his foot off the accelerator, it will result in the same reaction as stepping on the brakes. Obviously, there are no brake lights on these cars, so how would you judge the rear drivers ability to account for that? Neither of the 'front' drivers in those two incidencesshould beconsidered a seasoned veteran.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks for that input, Will.

--
RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
9 years ago
167 posts

Good afternoon, Dave. It's nice hearing from you. I pay attention to you and another gentleman here as I know your credentials. I am sorry that I have missed you at the two previous RR events. I think we might have some good conversations.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Same here. Personally, I got tired of hearing the lady driver complain about Denny being close to her. Reminded me of someone you know.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Hey, Will....

In early 1971, I went over to Greenville, NC from Wilson and traded the wonderful 1963 Chevy Impala that had served me so well through college on a rear engined 1971 Volkswagen Squareback the exact same color and design as the one in the photo below:

Now, I'm no engineer or mechanic and certainly can't properly describe aero push or any other phenomenon on the race track, but I was smart enough to realize that every time Johnny Mallonee and those other 18-wheel jockeys came flying by me on Interstate-95 heading to Richmond that regardless of how much luggage I had stowed in the front end it felt like both of my front wheels were off the ground. That is a scary feeling. As soon as I could afford it, the VW was traded for a 1973 Monte Carlo, still my favorite driving car of all I've owned.

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Dave 45 mph is about as fast as we run with O/S loads such as this. If I passed you you were parked or just trying to go. this is over 130,000 lbs plus the truck n trailer weight..

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

LOL, musta been Leon!

--
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

probably was -- he had a fast Farmall I hear

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

Kyle Busch was released from the hospital Friday after a six-night stay split between facilities in Florida and North Carolina.

Busch will return home to continue his recovery from a broken right leg, broken left foot and surgeries he had on both.USA Today Sports

Mike Dinovo, USA TODAY Sports