Be warned, this is political

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

If you think Hillary Clinton's e-mail server and deletions are suspect, just check out NASCAR.com and read what NASCAR official Richard Buck has to say to explain the end of the Fontana race. Bogus???? You tell me. Legit???? You tell me. Safety the number one concern???? Where are the SAFER barriers all the way around the track. Just read what Buck has to say and leave your comments here. I guess this is somewhat like "passing the buck", or "the buck stops here.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

I think every one knows or should know they will do or say anything to maintain control as they see it... the race to me was such a boring parade of single file cars I didn't care who won or if 100 flags came out..

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

ditto

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Blane Moon
@blane-moon
9 years ago
113 posts
  • It has become such a joke. If NASCAR can do such a good job with the inspection process, why then do they continue to list the "start and park" cars with bogus reasons out of the race, just list the reason as "withdrew". Looks like they could find the brake and suspension issues if they are so concerned about safety.....it is all about the advertising....not the racing!
Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
9 years ago
221 posts

I think Pierre set a personal record yesterday.

Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
9 years ago
214 posts

BS---

Harlow Reynolds--Lynchburg.Va.

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
9 years ago
4,073 posts

Honest question folks - and Perry's comment kind of triggered it. I hear many today say they are disenchanted with NASCAR in its current form. Phantom cautions, favoritism, "the call", etc. To be frank, it's hard not to watch some weeks without a huge guffaw over what seems pretty obvious.

As Perry hit on though, has anything really changed other than the week-to-week television coverage with some incredible HD camera coverage? Is it because of the GWC we see so often? The "debris cautions" we frequently see - generally in turn 3 of each track where there are no grandstands?

I still dig racing - though I'll concede I'm not as passionate about it because (1) my all time fave driver has been retired for more than 2 decades (2) I never found a suitable replacement and (3) well, I guess I'm becoming more jaded as I get older. But I still follow it closely and find nothing more fun than a weekend at the track.

With so many shenanigans that have taken place from the day the first green flag fell - pre and post race "inspections", scoring snafus, EIRI rules making, etc. - is racing much different in 2015 than it's always been?

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
doug dellinger
@doug-dellinger
9 years ago
28 posts

In my opinion....NASCAR is on a downhill slide. Before long, they'll be outside the track, giving away free tickets, just to get some people in the stands ! I just love it, when they call a caution, at a "unique" time in the race, for a hot dog wrapper, way up in the corner, against the wall, in piles of old rubber from a year ago ! No Thanks.....I'll stick to my local 1/2 mile hometown track, for REAL Saturday Night racing. We've NEVER had a caution.....for a hotdog wrapper !!!! NASCAR couldn't GIVE me a ticket to one of their "races" (?) !!!

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
9 years ago
4,073 posts

Fair statement. Comparing Cup to local short tracks is definitely a tough one. Certainly NASCAR hasn't done the shorties many favors by booking more Saturday night races. And though I don't go often, I do enjoy the few times I've been back to Nashville the last couple of years. Can imagine it's truly fun at the scads of local tracks around the country.

But as for Cup today vs. Cup of the 70s/80s vs. GN of the 50/60s - is there much difference in terms of how things are legislated by the sanctioning body before, during and after a race?

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.