NASCAR, as an American, I am highly offended by your insensitive commercial

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

I don't know how many of you caught the commercial run during the Southern 500 telecast Sunday night and I wasn't even going to mention it until I saw it again last night on one of the NBCSN shows. The commercial has to do with that Chase mess which we are about to enter. It is a take off on the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America. It starts off with "I pledge allegiance to the flag" and goes on, in the same cadence as The Pledge of Allegiance showing flags from racing teams and such and wants to make us believe that we must pledge our allegiance to the flag of one of the sixteen teams that happen to stumble into the Chase by whatever means Brian and his mad minions may determine necessary to stack the field with fan favorites.

NASCAR, you are the ones who started this Politically Correct B.S. with your Confederate Flag stance and now you insult the United States of America by your insulting take off on the pledge to the Flag of the United States of America. You should be ashamed of what you have done. What is your next move? Re-write the National Anthem to include references to all your contrived efforts to make the sport of stock car racing no more believable than WWE? You have insulted the American people and I am highly offended that you would do what you have done to the Pledge of Allegiance.

One final question: Is it true that you,NASCAR,will be offering to exchange American Flags for Kyle Busch flags at Richmond this weekend?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
9 years ago
221 posts

Tim, this was comedy gold! See why I don't watch?

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Thank you Perry, for pointing out the spelling error. Although I admit spelling was NOT my best subject in school, I think this error was more of the typo category than spelling error as I do know how to spell insensitive. I have corrected my error and humbly beg your forgiveness in my oversight in not proofing before posting.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
9 years ago
167 posts

First political correctness, and now we have to spell correctly as well. ? What is a redneck to do??? LOL.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Will, I don't do political correctness well either!!! As for what we are to do, don't worry about it because you do everything almost perfectly! You're one at the top of my list of admired folks.

--

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
9 years ago
167 posts

Thanks, Tim.

Let me know what I can do to assist in any planning for a visit to my shop from you or a group of your choice.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Thank you Will. I have at least three people really wanting to visit your place. Problem is getting all the schedules to work together. As soon as I can get some definite dates from them, I'll contact you and see what you have available. I do hope to see you in Hillsboro on the 26th,

--