My Speech.

Eric Cardona
@eric-cardona
9 years ago
196 posts

Ladies and gents, most of you here know me. I just started racing gokarts this year and have won two out of the eleven races I have started. Sadly we have lost several members of our racing family this year.

I want to offer my sincere thanks to the drivers that put their lives on the line every weekend. I jump in my gokart knowing that one simple mistake could cost you your life, but it is my rightful duty to race and I do it for the entertainment and passion of the fans.

When I heard that Justin Wilson passed away, I was stunned. It was the first time I had ever seen a fatal accident live. It is always sad knowing a racer had passed because us racers and race fans are one big family.

It does my heart good knowing that Justin Wilson, Joan Feller, Kevin Campbell, Buddy Baker, Carnie Fryfogle, and Jules Bianchi, who all passed this year, are racing in heaven with other greats like Earnhardt, Senna, and Dan Wheldon.

Lord I pray as I race today,

Keep me safe along the way.

Not only me but others too,

As they perform the jobs they do.

I know God that in a race,

I the driver must set the pace.

But in this race of life I pray,

Help me Lord along the way.

Although I know I am a sinner,

Help me to believe that with God,

You're ALWAYS a winner.

Amen. Love you all and God bless.

updated by @eric-cardona: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
9 years ago
3,259 posts

good poem sure hope you can keep in your heart and not just in your mind, that way you will survive a long long time

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Nice thoughts put to words Eric. Stay the way you are and you'll do fine.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.