Racing Through HIstory-February 2, 2016

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

I hope all of you will join us tonight for the Racing Through History show, 7:00 p.m. ET. I'm not sure what the rest of the crew has planned for the show but I want to tell you what will be going on with The Legend's portion tonight.

Phaedra Lee, co-founder with Zetta Baker of Back to the Roots, will be on the air and will explain what the organization is all about and how it came to be. Phaedra is very passionate about the racing history as am I and most of RR members. It is easy to hear the passion in her voice as she talks about the Back to the Roots organization.

Bob Hissom, one of the hardest working individuals in the area of racing history, and someone who refuses to accept any credit for all his efforts with the North Carolina Auto Racing Museum in Mooresville, and all of his other efforts in so many areas of racing history, will be here to tell us about all the events coming up for the Back to the Roots organization in Daytona in a couple of weeks.

Both Phaedra and Bob work hard, along with Zetta Baker, to preserve what all of us here on this site hold so dear. Join us at 7:00.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Dargan Watts
@dargan-watts
8 years ago
38 posts

Historic North Turn Racing Legends Beach/Road Course Parade to be at Ponce Inlet, Fla. on Saturday, February 13 at 3 :30 p.m.. Staging begins at Racing's North Turn Restaurant Parking lot at 9 a.m.. Interviews with legends from 1 - 3 p.m. inside Restaurant. Eight drivers who raced on the old Beach/Road Course will be on hand along with RR Legend Bobby Williamson and five others from the Myrtle Beach area. Dink Widenhouse, Dick Passwater, Brownie King, Earl Lindley, Russ Truelove, Hershel McGriff, Tom Pistone and Vicki Wood will make one more lap around the famed grounds. More than 50 cars and drivers are expected.