Enquiring Minds............................................

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

That's as far as I can go with that tease because the "rest of the story", if added, would be copyright infringement, or whatever they call it these days when you rip off another entities' tagline. However, without any intention of infringement, I want to point out that, according to an in-depth interview with Richard Petty, Team owners want to know "Who is Running NASCAR"? Richard expounds on this, as well as other subjects, in a well-written interview by Kelly Crandall. You can find it at "@KellyCrandall Richard is candid in his remarks about Brian France and how he sees where NASCAR is aiming. A good read. I found it on Yahoo Sports today. Check it out.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Here is the link to the ENTIRE Al Pearce interview with Richard Petty published August 1, 2016 in AUTOWEEK that Kelly Crandall is referencing in her post regarding Richard's remarks about Brian France, Danica Patrick and NASCAR:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/nascars-king-speaks-richard-petty-danica-trump-brian-france-and-more

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Thank you Dave. I assumed I would mess that up. I was also advised, by an astute young lady who caught me once more in error, of my bad attempt at trying to connect the link but I wasn't around the computer. I appreciate your help. Would you like a turn running NASCAR. The improvement over current leadership would be amazing. Oh, an while you're at it, I read NASCAR's press release where NASCAR is being marketed in 132 countries. Is that even realistically possible? You would know how to link that I'm sure. My days of attempted links are over!!!! lol. Thanks again, and to the young lady notifying me of my shortcomings in my attempt!!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
8 years ago
560 posts

HAS ANYBODY SEEN THE RICHARD PETTY GUEST APPEARANCE IN AN LATE NIGHT TV "GOLD BUYING" COMMERCAL?
IS THERE AN FUTURE "BUY GOLD" RACE CAR SPONSOR?
HOW ABOUT AN "GOLDFINGER"THEME RACE CAR FOR DARLINGTON RACE?

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Tim, I doubt I can name more than 10-15 countries, so I guess I'm out of contention for running NASCAR. Maybe with your help we could get it straight here in the States and let Bozo worry about those other 131 countries.

--
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Richard is 100% correct, he's saying the same thing everybody else is.........but it won't make no difference..

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

I like the way you think Dave. I'm already making a list of our actions in our first 100 days!!! I can see some tracks become corn fields because we aren't going to race there anymore. I can see a scrap heal of splitters a mile high. I can see STOCK BODIES back on the track. I can see turning over the ingenuity of men like Smokey Yunick, Bud Moore, Cotton Owens, The Wood Brothers and some of the other pioneers BACK to those types of men. I can see a huge scrap pile of computers which were once on the "war wagons" but no longer allowed. Oh, and I'm just getting started. Jump in at any time. We'll get this ship righted. We don't command the Titanic after all.

--

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Bobby, the fearful part of your response are the last six words.

--

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Tim, Richard, and all of us old guys, are caught in this time-culture-warp. Because of the world in which we were raised, we think "stuff" has to make sense. NOTHING makes sense anymore...not racing, not anything.....Because of the insane financial industry, "sense" is not necessary. They simply print more money, if necessary....and call it "quantitative easing". BZF "understands" this new-age-mentality better than us old guys. He's commandeered billions already. And could ultimately sell NASCAR for a song too. As many have indicated, the networks could opt out of their contract by simply buying NASCAR, and probably benefit....everybody wins, but Richard is still completely correct.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

I have not Dennis, but I am guessing it is interesting. Wonder to what that will lead?

--

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

"What ya talking about Willis"?

--

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Yessir. I think we'll have to appoint a Secretary of Retro.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

--
Alex FL Racing Fan
@alex-fl-racing-fan
8 years ago
221 posts

Richard was candid there... surprisingly candid.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Ahh I also caught the end of that and wastotally blown away on what I thought I heard and seen -- tried to set it up for a later play so I could record it but It must have been live because it hasnt re aired yet that my system gets

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Who shall we appoint Mr. President? How about Bobby Williamson?

--

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Works for me.

--