NASCAR SUED FOR 500 MILLION DOLLARS.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

If you don't read about it before hand, join us tonight on Racing Through History and I'll tell you about it.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Total & complete BS lawsuit full of lies. Hope you crucify the charlatan, Tim. Maybe you can get Steve Harvey (who has disavowed all association) to come on with you and tell about this wannabe racing entrepreneur and his lies.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Dave, there is plenty I would like to say and have already said it to myself. Jeff, however, would cut me off so quick, you would think it was a debris caution to manipulate theoutcome. From what I have read, and I attempted to read the actual filing as it is public record, these people are a bunch of those moronic, race-baiting liberals just trying to stir up the pot even more to racially divide this country. Barack Hussein Obama started all this with his racially divisive talk and it has gotten traction in every respect because of this B.S. Political Correctness. College kids are being brainwashed, in fact to the point of brain removal, to embrace the crap coming out of a certain political party. (I don't think I can name the party because that would not be politically correct). This is one instance on which I'm totally supporting NASCAR. I notice it is filed in the U.S. District Court in New York where the liberal leanings could spell trouble for NASCAR. At the very least, it is going to cost a bundle of legal fees.

And what about the new sponsor for the Cup Series? Even if NASCAR had one on the line, which I doubt, this will probably cause great concern for any potential sponsor to think that NASCAR is a racist organization. No company wants that hanging over their heads, especially if a certain candidate gets elected.

Perhaps they are jealous because our folks honor the flag, unlike other sports. I can imagine one "taking a knee" ata race track. I would expect the pace car would be driven up their butts at full speed.

Am I disgusted? Hell yes. My sport was having enough problems of its own without the outside influence of race baiting trouble makers doing this.

Thanks, Dave.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Amen, Brother Tim.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Frank Buhrman
@frank-buhrman
8 years ago
27 posts

Tim, I take part in these discussions because of a love of racing, not a desire to hash out politics, but I need to say this. If a klansman who happened to be a Republican did something truly outrageous, you would take justifiable offense at someone blaming all Republicans, all conservatives, or anyone who was closer in any political way to the offender than the accuser. You would object to slamming all Republicans/conservatives unconditionally when they had nothing to do with the outrageous act. Maybe that should work both ways. If we can't conduct civil discourse without rendering everyone who doesn't march in lock-step with our beliefs worthless and evil, then we're turning our backs on the process that made this nation great. Let's call this lawsuit what it is: a cheap stunt by an opportunist. However, that half of the American electorate that doesn't necessarily agree with you on other issues had nothing to do with this and should be left out of the discussion.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Frank, I apologize if I offended you in any way. No where in what I said did I slam a race, a culture, or a nationality. I was simply pointing out that our far too politically correct culture is destroying this country. I did not address Republican Klansmen or their efforts to do whatever it is they do. There is no one more patriotic than am I. I stand up for what I believe and that's the way I call it. I do totally agree this is a cheap stunt by an opportunist but you just wait and see what it leads to. I can foresee that already. Again, my apologies for any personal offense.

--

Frank Buhrman
@frank-buhrman
8 years ago
27 posts

No problem. When one of us gets in the other's neighborhood one day, we'll talk about political correctness and greater societal issues - after we've solved the issues of the racing world.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Wouldn't the correct definition of "racism" be any decision (positive OR negative) that is made based on race? If NASCAR, Harvard Medical School, or Duke School of Law, etc. etc. etc. (fill in the blank) is wooing, assisting, financing, facilitating the inclusion of minorities, BECAUSE they are minorities, is that not racism? And while such a philosophy may seem infinitely altruistic, think of the equally qualified candidate(s) passed over, disqualified because of race. It's a slippery slope.

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
8 years ago
83 posts

yes

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

Bobby, your choice of words may have some thumbing through thatdictionary,that has cobwebs hanging on, so they can correctly fathom your words of wit. Then some may say you are right on or correct in some circles. That being said I truly hope no rain falls on that slope you are typing on could have a change in demeanor.

That area you are flirting with is not a problem where you and I live UNTIL somederelict,a person without a home, job, or property tries to change things he or she knows nothing about. Racing is not for everybody, Racing will make amillionaire out of you especially if you have a couple of millions to start with.

This profession or sport or pass time that grew out of the south is not for everyone as you well know. Even the Yankee Dollar knows that.