Going to and being there for the unknown visitor at Racers Reunion Gatherings

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
This weekend I watched as a group of young at heart and also young in age stand around a certain car and look,ask questions,and really look amazed at what they were touching,looking into and a few I think had that quick dream of "Wonder if I could do this ". It is amazing to watch a person who cares for the older lookers but especially the younger set, why you say?--well a correct word or a steering comment could save one youngster from the fate of poverty and maybe make them someone of interest in the future. If we in Racers Reunion have an impact on the youngsters of today then maybe they will be the leaders of Tomorrow. Then the world would be a far better place. Im attaching "O N E" photo to this to show you the look of pride in what this driver is doing here. You tell me the impact you think he has in todays people of the future, you do know he has connections dont you !!!

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/03/16 05:51:03PM
Mike Ray
@mike-ray
14 years ago
41 posts
Well said Johnny;we need to bring young people into the sport,plus remember our roots,former drivers,car owners,fans that's why R.R. is so great.I just wish I could travel more,maybe one day.peace,out.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
That picture is such a fine example of the wonderful person Free Pennington is. Look at that "happy look"on the faces of all three of those kids. You're right, Johnny. This is what all us true racers need to be doing with the young people every chance we get. If we don't, the glorious history of stock car racing will be gone with the wind. Thanks for adding this.Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Tim ,I dont add stuff unless it feels good and this has a feeling to it-- i have another i will put up sun on Free Pennington--I think you will enjoy it also Tim Leeming said:
That picture is such a fine example of the wonderful person Free Pennington is. Look at that "happy look"on the faces of all three of those kids. You're right, Johnny. This is what all us true racers need to be doing with the young people every chance we get. If we don't, the glorious history of stock car racing will be gone with the wind. Thanks for adding this.
Tim
Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
14 years ago
626 posts
Great pitcher Johnny