Looking for former racers and cars

Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Looking for former racers and cars that raced at the Augusta International Speedways Drag Strip. This is the 50th Anniversary of the track opening and 40th of it closing. We will be holding a reunion on September 18th and all are invited For more information call Harvey Tollison at 706-829-6825
updated by @harvey-tollison: 12/30/16 01:04:26AM
Sean Bush
@sean-bush
14 years ago
3 posts
Hi:My dad, Charlie Bush, raced at a drag strip in Augusta, but not sure if it was this one or not. Is this the only track in Augusta? I'm sure he'd love to go, but I think I may have plans for that weekend - I'll have to check. By the way, I am looking for a photo of dad's car. It was a black 62 Chevy Impala. It had no decals on the side - only "Hester Bush" or "Bush Hester" (his racing partner was Rembert Hester). I am also looking for any race results that mentioned them. If you can provide any of this information, please let me know.Thanks.Sean Bush.
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Hi SeanWe had the only Drag Strip in Augusta , Jackson Drag Strip was across the River. Will keep looking at old photo for your dad. Come see us ya hear.Harvey
Sean Bush
@sean-bush
14 years ago
3 posts
I'm confused, Harvey. The first post here says that Augusta International Speedways Drag Strip is celebrating the 50th anniversary, but you said in your reply to my post, that you had the only drag strip in Augusta and it was named Jackson Drag Strip, across the river. I assume you mean North Augusta? Please set me straight.Thanks for the reply.Sean Bush. Harvey Tollison said:
Hi Sean
We had the only Drag Strip in Augusta , Jackson Drag Strip was across the River. Will keep looking at old photo for your dad. Come see us ya hear.
Harvey
Harvey Tollison
@harvey-tollison
14 years ago
226 posts
Augusta International Speedway and Sports Center had the only Drag Strip in Augusta GA . The Augusta track opened 50 yrs ago and closed 40 yrs ago. Jackson Drag Strip now known as Carolina Dragway is still running. Sean Bush said:
I'm confused, Harvey. The first post here says that Augusta International Speedways Drag Strip is celebrating the 50th anniversary, but you said in your reply to my post, that you had the only drag strip in Augusta and it was named Jackson Drag Strip, across the river. I assume you mean North Augusta? Please set me straight.

Thanks for the reply.

Sean Bush.

Harvey Tollison said:
Hi Sean
We had the only Drag Strip in Augusta , Jackson Drag Strip was across the River. Will keep looking at old photo for your dad. Come see us ya hear.
Harvey
Mark Janaky
@mark-janaky
14 years ago
1 posts
Harvey,Thanks for posting all the pics - Loved them! I wonder if you could help me, I see that you have a photo of an old Plymouth from Roberts Motor in your pics - I am trying to find out about a 1968 hemi Barracuda that the dealership ran - photos, who drove or was involved with the car?Thanks,Mark J