Tom “Smoker” Smith Passes

Don Teague
@donald-teague
9 years ago
17 posts

I just learned of passing Tom Smoker Smith. Those that didnt know him, He drove early funny cars but was better known as promoter of funny car circuit on east coast. Many knew and raced with his East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit (ECFFCC).

RIP Smoker Some day I will joint you and race your circuit again.

http://www.brinsfieldecholsfuneral.com/obituaries/dsp_files/dsp_viewobit.cfm?obit_ID=5823

updated by @donald-teague: 04/08/18 05:54:19AM
Larry Clayton
@larry-clayton
9 years ago
19 posts

I missed this Don, I/we have used Tom's (Smoker) circuit many times and many years at MIR

Rest in peace Smoker..

JAck Redd
@jack-redd
9 years ago
111 posts

Smoker had the best circuit, the "East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit" in drag racing. Good close runs and no breakage.

Great racer and great friend of mine. R.I.P. ole buddy.

william s bender
@william-s-bender
9 years ago
20 posts

sorry to hear about Tom he will be missed!

Drake Viscome
@drake-viscome
9 years ago
1 posts

Tom was truly one special "cat"...he made it possible for us to go from the little leagues to the "big" leagues for many years via his East Coast Fuel Funny Car Circuit booking our cars...awesome family...like JA...I foreverhave loved him...will be missed plenty by many,many...my sincerest condolences to his family...and all that knew him...God Speed...I'm blessed to have had his genuine friendship...never to be forgotten... needless to say...Tom was one awesome racer himself as well... a well deservedHall Of Fame...inductee...Drake Viscome