Modified Reunion 2011, Florida Speedweeks

Frasson118
@frasson118
14 years ago
2 posts

This is an open invitation for all Modified fans and racers to join us at the 4th Annual Modified Reunion, and Vintage Stock Car event. It is held each year at New Smyrna Speedway in Samsula Florida, on Friday, February 18th from Noon - 5:00. This is the same day as the "Richie Evans Memorial 100" featuring the Tour-type Modifeds along with several other exciting divisions

This is 100% FREE to anyone who would like to joinin. All former Modified Racerswill receive 2 free grandstand passes to that evenings races, andall Vintage entries receive 2 free pit-passes.

Some of the top-notch racersthat have been here in previous years include: Dutch Hoag, Will Cagle, Bugs Stevens, Leo Cleary, Bill Wimble, Ron Bouchard, Gene Bergen, Ron Narducci, Andy Romano, Doug Heveron, Satch Worley, Chuck Boos, Ed Ortiz, George Summers, Bill Harman, Jim Winks, Bill Spade... and over 125 others, from all over the Northeast.

These racers were my heroes growing up. It didn't matter to me one bit, if they were a Hall of Famer, or a guy that never won a feature in his life. If you were OUT there, you were IMPORTANT. I didn't want all of our lives to go by, without the chance to tell these people that they are HEROES and will never be forgotten.

Since this project is 100% free, it also means I have a budget of $0.00, so advertising is out of the question. Therefore, word-of-mouth is the only way to be able to present this event. If you are/know a former racer, we would LOVE the chance to get all the info to you, in hopes you will consider joining us there.

If you would like to be placed on the e-mail list, or regular mailing, please respond to the e-mail address below (or call), and I will forward all updates along the way.

Hope to hear from all of you, and even better, to see you all at the Modified Reunion

The website has NOT been updated lately (but will be soon) if you'd like a listing of former Guests, and photos of several of the Vintage cars, the site will give you an idea of what to expect. If interested, please visit www.modifiedreunion.homestead.com

Jerry Binner, 407-790-9724 or jbinner@att.net

updated by @frasson118: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Mike Ray2
@mike-ray2
14 years ago
27 posts
I attended 2 years ago and as Jerry said its a great event!I will have race reports from New Smyrna Speedway during the 2011 World Series Of Stock Car Auto Racing.Come out and support this great event.Mr.Hart and his staff are the best at making you feel right at home.Thanks,peace,out.
George Pavlisko2
@george-pavlisko2
14 years ago
10 posts
Thanks Jerry, I already posted this but GLAD you did since you are the BOSS!!
See you in FebPS Need to update the SITE, last years date is still on there.
Frasson118
@frasson118
14 years ago
2 posts
As for the Web-site, I don't know HOW to update. That has been Rex (Boneman) since day 1. As he has never asked for ANYTHING in return for his help, I find it hard to ask him more favors.At some point, I think I will visit him and learn how to do it myself. Should have done it a long time ago. Once (if) I figure out how to do the updates, I will be adding a LOT of new pictures, info, past Guest Lists, etc...George, I saw your post about the helmets, and the 3 other guys bringing their Vintage Cars. Once again, THANKS a million for your help & support..!!!
George Pavlisko2
@george-pavlisko2
14 years ago
10 posts
No Problem, the #Z8 will be there as the 2010 Vintage Modified Champion for the Sumter Speedway Series. I think my driver Bobby Courtwright Jr will also be there. His dad drove the #3 Highway Sprinter in URC and also ran ARDC. Bobby Ran Wall Stadium in a Troyer Modified in the 1970's.