HEY its SUPER BOWL time ----- BUT

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

It's that time again. Super Bowl Sunday is coming up - followed closely by Daytona 500 Sunday. So which one do you think is the bigger deal? No question about it: the Daytona 500 is bigger than the Super Bowl. Here's why:

People watch the Daytona 500 to see the action, the strategy and the competition. Not to see who has the best commercial. There is always a huge discussion following the Super Bowl about the ads. There are even awards for the best Super Bowl ads. When is the last time you heard a bunch of NASCAR fans talking more about their favorite commercials than their favorite drivers?
Race fans can actually buy a ticket to the Daytona 500. The average football fan would have a hard time getting a ticket to the Super Bowl if their favorite team was playing. Most of the tickets go to corporate sponsors and big businesses.
100,000 People will attend the Super Bowl at Cowboy's Stadium in Arlington, Texas this year. The Daytona 500 will easily attract 2 to 3 times that many race fans. If only 100,000 people showed up Daytona would look like a ghost town. Plenty of race fans will camp out at the track for 2 weeks just to see the race.
43 teams will be battling to be the Daytona 500 Champion. And at least 25 of them have a legitimate shot to win it. Only 2 teams are playing in the Super Bowl, they have a 50/50 chance of winning. In Nascar there are 43 teams -playing, you go figure!!!
Jamie McMurray won last year's Daytona 500. I can't remember who won last year's Super Bowl. Can you?
People used to say the Daytona 500 is the Super Bowl of racing. Maybe we should start saying that the Super Bowl is the Daytona 500 of football.
Can you think of another reason why the Daytona 500 is bigger than the Super Bowl? Betcha can !!!

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 01/08/17 08:06:49PM
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
13 years ago
53 posts
Well you right about one thing Johnny. You defintely wont have trouble finding a ticket to the Daytona 500 now. The way racing is now. Oh and I can remember who won the Super Bowl last year, New Orleans beat Indianapolis. If anybody knows me well they know how much I love racing but even i'll admit Nascar will never touch NFL football in ratings. Racings competitive nature has went by the wayside, football still has it. Pro and college.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

Yes but would you rather watch a sporting event where you have a 50/50 chance of picking the winner ----------------------or would you rather watch a group of 43 battle for the supreme spot.

In drag racing you had how many lined up to knock you out of the trophy?

probably more than 43 if im remotely close,now this is in one day. Its apples and oranges with a watermelon throwed in.

Wally Bell said:

I love Both...

No decision necessary...they fall on different dates.....Both, incredible events..Super Bowl demographics are astounding (by the way)..HUGE