Old Find to Brighten Fred Lorenzen's Day

Bernie Biernacki
@bernie-biernacki
13 years ago
3 posts

A week ago, while going through a tray full of old slides, many dating prior to 1970, when I found several from a car show I attended in the winter of 1966 at Notre Dame (IN) University. A lot of great cars from GM, Mopar and Ford. The ones that caught my eye were of a display by Ford that included Fred Lorenzen's 1966 Galaxie. I took several shot, including the dashboard which had his famous "THINK W.H.M." on it. Had an 8 X 10 print made of it and I will frame it. Then in the next couple weeks I'll go to visit Fred in the nursing home he is now living at, and present it to him. It should give him a kick and bring back many memories. All of his many fans should try to send him a card to wish him well. To send a card to Fred, write to:

Bridgeway Christian Village

Attn. - Fred Lorenzen

Room #146

111 E. Washington

Bensenville, IL 60106-2674

Your kindness will be appreciate by Fred and his family

Bernie Biernacki

updated by @bernie-biernacki: 01/06/17 09:50:23PM
William Horrell
@william-horrell
13 years ago
175 posts

Bernie, Thanks for the address. We will send a card for sure. One question, what does the WHM on the dash stand for ?

I understand the word think, I have thought about it and can not figure out the initials.

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts
Thanks Bernie will get a card in the mail today thanks for the info glad you found RacersReuion
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
13 years ago
589 posts
Great Idea!
Mike Ray2
@mike-ray2
13 years ago
27 posts
Thanks Bernie,I sent Fred a racing postcard today just to hopefully brighten his day.Sandra and myself are praying that he will get better.Thanks for the address.peace,out.
Robert Turner
@robert-turner
13 years ago
88 posts

Didn't know Fastback Feddy was in the nursing home. He was my hero back in the sixties. I built a model of his car and gave it to him in Atlanta (actually I gave it to Herb Nab to give to him). I met him when he was the grand marshall at Atlanta several years ago and had my photo made with him.

Wish him well and tell him this old Georgai mountain boy (I'm 61 now) still remembers him and he is still my hero.