Google Earth - Charlotte Motor Speedway

Steve Struve
@steve-struve
13 years ago
47 posts
While looking through Google Earth yesterday, at my old neighborhood around Rt. 29 and Pitts School Rd in Harrisburg NC, I happened to drift down Rt 29 to Charlotte Motor Speedway. There is a new photo of the speedway now in Google. When you zoom in closer, the speedway grounds are alive with activity.Apparently it was taken during AutoFair. It also was probably taken Sunday mid morning, judging from the amount of remaining vendors on the field and the amount of cars in the carcorral. The car shows in the infield look to be thePony Car types - which is also a clue as to the photo being taken on Sunday. My question: Is this the most recent AutoFair that just ended last weekend, or is it from a year ago? Haven't been to this event for years - I movedaway in 1998.If you were there this year (or last) and can tell me for sure when this was taken, I would sure appreciate it.
updated by @steve-struve: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
13 years ago
907 posts
Google earth photos are not up-to-the minute. I'd guess it's a show from 2010 at the very latest.
Thomas K. Craig
@thomas-k-craig
13 years ago
53 posts

There is actually a date in the lower left hand corner of the image on Google earth. That should tell you when the image was taken. Bare in mind that you need to zoom in pretty close so the date will show.