Early NASCAR cars found ??

Duke Lookis
@duke-lookis
15 years ago
2 posts
I was just wondering if anybody has found any 50s to 60s NASCAR racers in as raced condition that were put away many years ago ? Something like a Hudson Hornet or a mid fifty`s car.....
updated by @duke-lookis: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Stacy Morgan
@stacy-morgan
15 years ago
9 posts
A Chevelle built and raced by Roy Trantham rests in Asheville. Roy parked it in his mothers driveway and moved out of U.S. , this was in the early 70's. A friend of Roy's went over and cut down some small trees and pulled it out and has it in his garage, this was 3 or 4 years ago. This car raced at Asheville, Greenville and maybe a few more local Carolina tracks. It is a treasure to look at and see the progress made in the sport that once was auto racing.
Duke Lookis
@duke-lookis
15 years ago
2 posts
Thanks guys for the quick replys. We still have the car we won the most races with....It`s a 1955 Ford Crown Victoria. I`m in the process of getting it moving again.It`s been sitting inside since the early 70`s...lol won`t need too much done to her..get the brakes workin,clean the fuel system out and put the H/M 427 back in.We will take it out during intermission at our local tracks to show the new crowd how it was back then...Ha !! Our driver want`s to race her again...why not...I think he and she could run at least mid-pack with these street stocks around here !!!