NOVEMBER 7, 2015 RACERSREUNION GATHERING IN MOORESVILLE

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
9 years ago
3,119 posts

Ok, folks, we are one week away from our November 7th gathering in Mooresville for a day of fellowship with other race fans. You don't have to be a member of RacersReunion to attend, we would just love to meet you. Schedule for the day is as follows:

10:00 a.m. Meet in the parking lot of The North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame located at 119 Knob Hill Road, Mooresville, NC. Take Exit 36 off I-77. If northbound, turn left off the exit and cross the bridge and turn left by the Chick-Fil-A. As to go down that road, at the top of the hill, Knob Hill turns off to the right. The Hall of Fame is on the left just after you turn onto to Knob Hill. If you are South bound of I-77, get off at Exit 36 and just cross over to go down past the Chick-Fil-A. We will tour the Hall of Fame from 10:00 until 12:00

At 12:00 noon, we will head to down town Mooresville (about 4 miles) and visit Richard's Coffee Shop which is located on the Walk of Fame where you can view the plaques installed in the sidewalk. Richard's Coffee shop is a tribute to Veterans and is staffed by super friendly folks.

Approximately 1:00 p.m. we'll take a lunch break, most probably at the Chick-Fil-A as it is convenient.

Approximately 2:00 p.m. we will arrive a Memory Lane Museum where the RacersReunion Hall of Fame is located. Memory Lane is truly a place where fans of the early days of racing, as well as fans of current day racing can see displays to make your heart race.

Admission prices:

NC Auto Racing Hall of Fame $6.00. Senior (55 and over) $4.00. Children 6-12 also $4.00. Children 5 and under free.

Memory Lane Museum: $10.00. Children 6 to 10 - $6.00. Children 5 and under free.

I did NOT request special group rates for these visits because it is impossible to estimate how many may participate in the trip. Also, as I consider both of these facilities to be very worthy of fan support, I would like to think we can do our part to support these institutions.

One final note; we are most fortunate to have Mr. Bob Hissom, a member of the Board of the NC Hall of Fame and a huge contributor to the preservation of our heritage in stock car racing, to join us for the day and to provide a personal guided tour of the NC Auto Racing Hall of Fame.

I expect this to be a very enjoyable day for everyone who attends and I am hopeful for a great turn out. If you have any questions I haven't addressed, please e-mail me or just call my cell, 803-318-5744.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
9 years ago
820 posts

so sorry I will not be able to attend.. I was so looking forward to this visit as I have several military items to donate to Richard's coffee shop including my name tag and flight wings from my Air Force flight suit...