I Apologize to Sally Field and to listerners to Tuesday Night's show

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Near the end of Racing Through History, I announced that Sally Fields had passed away. I did NOT obtain that information from Facebook. What happened was that my USA Today feed to my IPhone sent the note that PATTY DUKE had died. I always adored both Patty Duke and Sally Fields and often mixed the two of them up in my mind. The error last night was totally, completely, 100% my fault. I always interchanged the two and, unfortunately, I interchanged those names last night.

My sincere apology to Sally Fields and my sincere condolences to the family and friends of Patty Duke.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

I actually tried to listen to the show on my new little tablet from my recliner last night, but couldn't get the radio feed on this Android device.

I, too, liked both ladies. I actually looked up Sally Fields yesterday and discovered she and Patty Duke were born just a month apart. R.I.P. Patty.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

Thank you, Tim.

My condolences to the family of Ms. Patty Duke also.