Forum Conduct and What We Are About

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts

In the time this site has been around we have enjoyed some great discussions and broken down many subjects into great and sometimes lengthy detail. We have not always agreed with each other, but should we? I think not. Where is the fun in that?

The one thing that has been most impressive about this group is the general conduct. I, as have many of you, have visited many sites and forums where bad language and name calling is tolerated. I do not attend those sites for those reasons and have not allowed and will not allow this site to become THAT kind of site.

Thank all of you for respecting each other ...and each others opinions. That is what makes us different. That is what we're about. Now stir the pot....or puddin...or what ever you choose.

Jeff

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®

updated by @jeff-gilder: 12/05/16 04:02:57PM
Harlow Reynolds
@harlow-reynolds
13 years ago
214 posts

Well said Jeff,

Thanks

Harlow Reynolds

Lynchburg,Va.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
13 years ago
3,259 posts

you once told another member who was getting heated with a discussion after a while you should understand that its like wrestling with a pig in mud--the pig kinda enjoys it.

So you can really enjoy yourself here, I for one enjoy the many different types of debates. We get them going and take them to deeeep depths before either solving it or just giving up and getting another one started.

But most all of the members can go back in time and replay times in the 70's--60's--and 50's so that is what makes it so much fun.

But then the photos, where can you even think about looking into so many different albums to see so many unique photos,oh and wait, the treasured videos thats posted here. Then our reunions, you can meet and see people you thought were gone and people wished you could meet or even an old driver you used to beat and bang with and argue with after the races. When I stumbled on R/R it was new and kinda green but grew into the great site it is and now you can go to the farthest point on earth and listen to and see it too. I can go on but maybe more next time. just remember your-------------------------------------------memories

Leon Phillips
@leon-phillips
13 years ago
626 posts
Well said Jeff this is a great Site
Mike Sykes
@mike-sykes
13 years ago
308 posts
Well said Jeff and we can not thank you and big D for all the hard work you put into this site for us to enjoy and sometimes let our frustrations out on. But like any other sport we have our oppionions and and we like to express ourselves and then have a drink together.
Jim Seay
@jim-seay
13 years ago
17 posts

At Jeff Gilder's urging, I have sent a check to help Jimmy Johnson. I spoke with him Saturday, Feb 12, and he hopes to have his motor home up and running before the end of the week.

If we all pitch in, Jimmy can enjoy some relief from multiple concerns...after al, isn't this part of the functionsof RR?

Jim

Russell Rector
@russell-rector
13 years ago
80 posts
Jeff, I came across this web site a little less than a year ago, and I feel like I had found a long lost family member. I thought that I was the only one that yearned for the 60's and 70's. I never did take a camera with me back then, so I thought all those wonderful cars were lost in time. To see all the photos that EVERYONE had put on this web site is for ANYONE to look at is wonderful. And then to have discussions with others that were right there with me,watching the same things that I did is AMAZING! THANK YOU,Jeff and all the other members of RR for helping this old man remember some of the best times of my life.
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
13 years ago
1,783 posts
Thank you, Russell. We appreciate very much your support!

Russell Rector said:
Jeff, I came across this web site a little less than a year ago, and I feel like I had found a long lost family member. I thought that I was the only one that yearned for the 60's and 70's. I never did take a camera with me back then, so I thought all those wonderful cars were lost in time. To see all the photos that EVERYONE had put on this web site is for ANYONE to look at is wonderful. And then to have discussions with others that were right there with me,watching the same things that I did is AMAZING! THANK YOU,Jeff and all the other members of RR for helping this old man remember some of the best times of my life.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®