DALE EARNHARDT, JR.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Just announced by NASCAR.com. Dale, Jr. medically cleared to return to driving in 2017. Confirmed by Hendrick Motorsports. Welcome back Dale.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/15/16 06:18:56AM
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
8 years ago
4,073 posts

Dale Jr is coming back!

NASCAR brass and fans: Whoo hoo!

PepsiCo: Well, just one reminder. We sponsor Dale Jr with our Mountain Dew product. He will not be allowed to promote Monster Energy.

Brian France: Wait. Whaaattt?

Dale Jr: DOH. Forgot about that. Oh this is giving me a major headache.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Don't worry, BZ will make an instant rule change. Junior will handily win next year's most popular contest.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Looks like a Monster headache!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Wally Bell
@wally-bell
8 years ago
83 posts

Not a New Dilemma ..Remember Winston and US Tobacco's situation.... The Skoal Bandit co-existed well...... Now back to your Very productive "Brian Bashing" LOL

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

You'll remember, Wally that RJR pulled all of its support at Charlotte Motor Speedway for a season when Humpy refused to remove Skoal signage, then turned around and awarded The Winston to CMS when they kissed and made up. Also - I partcipated at Wrangler with the Burson-Marsteller agency representing Gillette Atra razors in a fan passout they produced for distribution at all the NASCAR tracks. The booklet contained Gillette coupons and various racing sponsor decals, as well as an offer to receive a free Wrangler racing belt buckle. When the Gillette girls started distributing the booklets at the Daytona gates when Speedweeks opened, Winston tried to stop the distribution because the booklet contained a Skoal Racing decal. That led to a meeting in Bill France, Jr.'s office with RJR's T. Wayne Robertson, the Gillette rep and me. There was no way I was going to let T. Wayne stop that booklet since I'd already produced the belt buckles. Billy saw it my way and the booklet was distributed including the Skoal decal. Skoal was not represened at our meeting, but they were a beneficiary of me going head to head that morning with the series sponsor in Billy's office.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"