Periodicals that covered the East Coast drag events in the 60's

Dean Fait
@dean-fait
10 years ago
5 posts

What periodical(s) covered race results on the East Coast and South in the early 60's and how can I get copies. Drag News is available on CD now but that paper covered the West Coast and the Midwest, only going as far east as York.

Right now I'm specifically looking for results from Atco in Sept. / Oct. 1961.

updated by @dean-fait: 12/05/16 08:53:28AM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
10 years ago
1,783 posts

JAck Redd would be a good one to answer this...or Bill Pratt.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Bill Pratt
@bill-pratt
10 years ago
460 posts

Yes, I think that Jack Redd would be the guy to answer this. Jack used to edit East Coast Drag Times and he goes back to that era!

JAck Redd
@jack-redd
10 years ago
111 posts

Dean, the only one on the East Coast at that time was Drag News. Eastern Drag News started in 1962. Drag Times started in 1965. All of the drag racing newspapers from Vol. 1 to the end that I had was given to Mike Goyda. Contact Mike Goyda at Goyda.com

However, I think there was a booklet type coverage of Atco Raceway results back at that time.

I hope you find what you are looking for there.

JAck Redd
@jack-redd
10 years ago
111 posts

By the way, Atco Dragway was sanctioned by NHRA in 1961. National Dragster would be your best bet for Atco's 1961 coverage for racing results from there.

Dean Fait
@dean-fait
10 years ago
5 posts

Sometimes the reporters didn't consider a match race in the results. I'm looking for a race between Arnie Beswick and "Dyno" Don. Any memories...?

Bill Ott2
@bill-ott2
10 years ago
3 posts

I have a complete set of copies ATCO Wheels through the month of Sept. & Oct. '61. They include all results. I'd be glad to e-mail copies of them to you if you're still looking.

Bill Ott

Bill Ott2
@bill-ott2
10 years ago
3 posts

Not in '61. Maybe '71?

Dean Fait
@dean-fait
10 years ago
5 posts

I'd love that. Thanks! Do you need my e-mail address?

Bill Ott2
@bill-ott2
10 years ago
3 posts

Yes...

Dean Fait
@dean-fait
10 years ago
5 posts

deanfait@yahoo