Detroit Billboards

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
10 years ago
9,137 posts

This is now old news, but I hadn't seen this collection until passed along by my friend Frank in Pennsylvania. Please forgive if you've already seen, but you don't have to be a Chevy fan to appreciate this collection of billboards GM erected in Detroit in Spring 2013.

As Frank references in his correspondence to me, he and I came of age in the early-mid-60s, cruising the Richmond, Virginia drive-ins, with him driving a red '59 Chevy Impala "Batmobile" and me driving a "Dusk Pearl" ' 57 Chevy Bel Air. Memories.

"You may have seen these already, but in case not, have fun - I remember when we both drove the cars depicted on these billboards"

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
10 years ago
820 posts

outstanding Dave. great stuff.....thanks

Russell Rector
@russell-rector
10 years ago
80 posts

I love these billboards!!! Cars from the Far East will NEVER be as COOL as these.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
10 years ago
3,119 posts

Love those Dave. How appropriate to share thosephotos on this site. Wonderful memories of wonderful cars. Thank you!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
10 years ago
222 posts

cool poast dave when i saw the 68 ss chevelle it sure brought back a lot of memories all these are real coolcars thanks dave