TOMMIE CLINARD

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

This is one thats really hard to write. The Racingorganization has lost one heck of Racer and great all around guy. On top of that a few of us lost a very dear friend Saturday. Here is the write up in Macon

Milton Thomas "Tommie" Clinard
(September 24, 1935 - February 6, 2016)

Milton Thomas

Milton Thomas Tommie Clinard died Saturday, February 6, 2016. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 PM on Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at Daystar Church of God, 5874 Wesleyan Drive North, with the Reverend Robbie Shepherd officiating. The family will greet friends on Monday from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM at Harts at the Cupola, 6324 Peake Road. Memorial donations may be made to Pine Pointe Hospice, 6261 Peake Road, Macon, Georgia 31210.

Mr. Clinard was born on September 24, 1935 in Springfield, Tennessee to William Emmett and Verlie Clinard. He graduated from Belle Glade High School in Belle Glade, Florida and retired from the Macon Police Department after 25 years of service. Mr. Clinard started racing in south Florida and, to test the readiness, was the first to drive a car on the track at Middle Georgia Raceway. He was a member of the Georgia Automotive Racing Hall of Fame and co-founder of Weekend Ramblers Motorcycle Club. Mr. Clinard was a member of Sons of the Confederacy, the Macon Touchdown Club, and a member and past Vice-President of F.O.P. Lodge 3. He enjoyed fishing and loved his family. Mr. Clinard was predeceased by his brother, Ray Clinard and niece, Connie Clinard.

Mr. Clinard is survived by his sweetheart and wife of 58 years, Marilynn Clinard of Macon; son, Tommy Clinard (Lucy) of Soperton; daughter, Debra Forbes of Macon and daughter, Patti Smith (Mike Kelley) of Byron; grandchildren: Grant Clinard, Derrick Clinard, Cheyenne Beasley, Thomas Clinard, Jr., Kelly Forbes, Kimberly Forbes, Kasey Forbes, Christy Pearson, and Eddie Smith; great- grandchildren: Mackenzie, Tyson, Brendan, Ansley, and Jayla; niece and nephew: Kristi Durrance and Todd Clinard; and his beloved dog, Rowdy.

This is in Harts Mortuary and Crematory in Macon Ga http://www.hartsmort.com

Race on my Friend Race on

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

I can write so much about Tommie but it will come later

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
8 years ago
3,119 posts

Tommie was one in a million. I am so glad to have had him as a friend.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Devin
@devin
8 years ago
618 posts

I am so sorry to hear, Johnny. I know he was a good friend.

My thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP, Mr. Clinard.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
8 years ago
820 posts

May he rest in peace. My sincere condolences to his family.

Bobby Williamson
@bobby-williamson
8 years ago
907 posts

Thoughts and prayers.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
8 years ago
9,137 posts

Sincere condolences to Tommie's family and friends.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
8 years ago
3,259 posts

This is how I want to remember TommIE, at speed at our home track. He tested the track first and was a regular at Middle Ga Racway. My hero,my friend and Competitor..

TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
6 years ago
4,073 posts

Gone but not forgotten

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.

updated by @tmc-chase: 01/18/20 05:20:38AM