GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE THAT wait or get better!!!

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

From being a pilot in a street car to a classic Vintage car owner and delicate driver he has slowly sharpened his skills and held back the urge to throw caution to the wind.

I saw him on not exactly wide world of sports but on a video test the waters on the high side and so smoothly done a classic spin out and so smoothly reentered the race, almost like he said to himself, Self dont you do that again you hear.

Next time on film He was better suited to his role of driver because he kept testing the outside until it looked like he said YEA thats the groove.

So time marches on and he continues to pound on the elusive trophy he is chasing until---------------VIOLA -----------------------He does it. Yup his first win and happy I bet he is.

You see this is JIM WILMORES first win in his steady Chevy #45.

Everyone should offer him a WAY TO GO JIM>>>

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:07:53PM
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

The Bell&Bell Series 6 cylinder division raced on June 9 and the above results are History now Photos will surface shortly

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

No color?????

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Yeah the color of MONEY and the green flag

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Wonder how long it will take Jim to come back to earth--then again this may be the start of a streak for him,he needs it--- WAY TO GO JIM

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Congrats Jim!!!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Get 'em "Cape Fear!"

Way to Go!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Cape Fear Flash in action in his first taste of the high side

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

No hit, no foul!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

Today I took my trophy to work to show my friends, walking in the break room I said "Who'd da man now!!??" Every Monday after a race my co-workers ask "Well, did you win?" And the answer was always the same, not today but, today I came home with the checkers.

Wow! You're comments and congratulations mean a lot to me, I mean that. I have know many of you for a number of years now and you know the hurtles I've overcome in racing but, it's only made me a better owner, mechanic, engineer, and with all those hurtles I've learned a lot about racing and how to drive, when to go high and when to stay low. This past Saturday nights racing was the biggest hurtle to date, racing against my long time rival on the track, "Wild Bill" Tripp of Shallotte, NC. Tripp and his #21 Chevy didn't make it easy on me either, getting under me on the first lap, showing me that he ain't about to roll over. We raced nosed to tail for a number of laps, Bill running low and I taking the high grove until I finally caught a break and Bill left a hole coming through turns 1& 2. I put my foot in it and pulled out of two with the lead but multiple cautions kept giving #21 more chances to overtake the #45 in the finally laps. With a Bruce James Racing V8 blocking my lane I had to rely on protecting the low line where I could see Wild Bill's white steel bumper lurking a couple of car lengths behind. A final caution put the race over it's time limit and the green/yellow caution light came on just as I got a nose up under the Bruce James V8 center of the front stretch. I had just WON THE RACE!!! Pulling in the pits I was met by my long time racing buddy Bobby Williamson who literally met me at the entrance to pits, congratulating me and pointing to the victory circle, a place I had never paid attention to before. Passing the pit tower I looked up and saw my pit crew waving the thumbs up and I returned a fist pumping gesture only a race fan would recognize. Rounding the tower were my friends and competitors waiting to congratulate me, Pete, Sherman, Jack, Brad, a few more that I can't recall in all the excitement. I did it, I finally got my first win. What a rush of excitement and adrenaline, I finally got to hold the checkered flag and a really awesome trophy and get my picture taken.

Thank you all for the congratulations.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

PS. That video captured the one and only time I spun myself out and it happened to be caught on video by my old army buddy Big Bad Johnny Stone, the same guy that picked my car up from Ohio and delivered it to my house in NC.

Also, to Johnny Mac, I like that nickname Cape Fear Flash. Now that I won a race can I use it?

Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

I think Cape Fear Flash is perfect!!! Awesome job, dude! Wish I could have been there to see it.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

Pictures Dude and a Video they are out there find them

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
12 years ago
3,259 posts

ONE PHOTO SAYS IT ALL

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

Thanks Jeff, you know all to well the feeling of a win. What was your nickname?

Johnny, the victory circle photos might be posted on the Carolina Speedway website but, I'll pick up the copies next time I go.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

All right Jim! After seeing you at Shelby I knew it would happen soon. Congratulations!