559 posts

Prayers...are definitely needed!!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Prayers from the Lair going up.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jay Coker
@jay-coker
11 years ago
177 posts

Not going to speculate like others on Twitter...but it doesn't look good right now. Prayers for Jason Leffler and his family.

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Jason has passed away...nbc10.com

A NASCAR driver is dead after a crash at a local speedway, according to a law enforcement source.

Officials say 37-year-old Jason Leffler crashed during a sprint car race at the Bridgeport Speedway in Swedesboro, Gloucester County, New Jersey on Wednesday. Leffler had to be extricated from his vehicle and was taken by medevac to Cooper Trauma Center where he later died from his injuries.

Leffler, born in Long Beach, California, drove the No. 19 Toyota for Humphrey Smith Racing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

S.T.A.R.S. Radio
@stars-radio
11 years ago
514 posts
  • Leffler killed in Sprint Car wreck in NJ: Details are still spotty, but NASCAR Nationwide regular Jason Leffler has been severely injured in a wreck at Bridgeport Speedway in New Jersey. Leffler was racing a Sprint Car at the track's "Night of Wings." While the details of the wreck are still yet to emerge, Leffler apparently flipped in the track's front stretch and, according to eyewitness accounts, was extracted from the car on a board. He was airlifted out of the track via helicopter. The remainder of the night's racing was cancelled. Leffler has spent most of his decade-plus career in the Nationwide series, running full schedules from 2006 to 2011. He has two wins, 42 top fives and 107 top 10s in the Nationwide series. He's also run 73 races in Sprint Cup, most recently at Pocono last week.( Yahoo Sports )
    AND NASCAR driver Jason Leffler was transported to a hospital following an accident driving a sprint car Wednesday night at Bridgeport (N.J.) Speedway. Leffler was involved in an accident while competing in a heat race in the 410 Sprints division on the 0.625-mile dirt oval. There was no immediate word on his condition, but a posting on the track's Facebook page said the remainder of the racing scheduled for Wednesday night had been postponed because of the accident.( Sporting News )
    UPDATE: NASCAR driver Jason Leffler died after an accident Wednesday night at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway. The 37-year-old Leffler, a two-time winner on the Nationwide Series, was pronounced dead shortly after 9:00pm/et, New Jersey State Police said..( Associated Press )(6-12-2013)

@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Thanks for the help on this, Jerry....it is very, very sad...indeed!

Devin
@devin
11 years ago
619 posts

I followed Patrick's posts live earlier tonight. Very sad. My thoughts are with the family.

Sandeep Banerjee
@sandeep-banerjee
11 years ago
360 posts

Very sad. I have a lot of respect for those who drive those things.

Jan Woodberry
@jan-woodberry
11 years ago
171 posts

VERY SAD INDEED....THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

James G Ball
@james-g-ball
11 years ago
20 posts

Very sad breaks your heart to see the photos of Jason and his little boy God Speed Jason RIP and my prayers go out to his family and friends

Wayne Sulteen
@wayne-sulteen
11 years ago
7 posts

Its a sad story about Jason Leffler, They say he was a NASCAR driver but I remember him as a open wheel driver. He raced alot around here (Central Indiana) He became a driver for the famed #9 Lewis-Ford racing team (Jeff, Tony, Kasey, Kenny Irwin) all these drivers got noticeddriving that car. Mt Lawn Speedway in New Castle Indiana had a Founders day race and they had the USAC Midgets on the program that night, It also happened to be the 50th. Anniversary of the track owners, they were making a big deal about it and the racing was but on hold for awhile. Jason was racing that night in the #9 and was getting very impatient wanting them to hurry up so he could race, He won the feature that night !! Thats how I will remember Jason......

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

R.I.P., Jason. Prayers for your loved ones and friends.

NASCAR driver Jason Leffler listens during the drivers' meeting before racing at Bridgeport Speedway, Wednesday, June 12, 2013. (Photo by Tom Scott/South Jersey TImes)

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Notice the intensity on ALL their faces...Racers, that's what they are!

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
11 years ago
83 posts

R.I.P. Lefturn.. You were good.