I found another little bit of old 8mm film. I don't know the track.

Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
13 years ago
242 posts

Click below.

updated by @jim-streeter: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

More great stuff, Jim. Thank you. Did you ever race in Richmond at the fairgrounds? The trees near the back straight look familiar, but the board fence is a little shabbier than I ever remember.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

And the track is lit... with some pretty tall light standards... I picked out a 1959 Ford in the infield... how about Wilson fairgrounds?

--
RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
13 years ago
167 posts

Very, very nice, thanks for posting the link. Are these the same era cars that Billy Bisco restores?

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
13 years ago
488 posts

Thanks Jim, really cool stuff

Jim Streeter
@jim-streeter
13 years ago
242 posts

Dave,

I raced at a place called Strawberry Hill close to Richmond the Promoter was Paul Sawyer.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
13 years ago
9,137 posts

Jim, I thought the trees looked awful familiar. Strawberry Hill promoted by Paul Sawyer, 1/2-mile Richmond dirt track was also called Atlantic Rural Exposition, Virginia Fairgrounds Raceway and Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway. The current magnificient Richmond International Raceway sits on the site. The old pit front straight from the original track is now the pit road on the 3/4-mile track.

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Jim, here's a sequence from May 19, 1953 ofBill Bray's modifiedclimbing the backstretchfence at Richmond's Strawberry Hill and rolling:

--
Larry Jendras Jr.
@larry-jendras-jr
9 years ago
6 posts

The white #11 coupe is Ed Lindsay of Randallstown, Md. His #11 was called the Red Devil which is painted just behind the number.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
9 years ago
9,137 posts

Cool addition, Larry. Thanks.

--