Mixing Politics with Racing

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

Now that I got your attention, the last thing I want to do is talk politics on RR.Com however, I do have a fun topic to discuss and the question of the topic is:

Of all the presidential candidates, to include Barrack Obama, in what order do you think each candidate as a stock car driver would stack up in a race of equally built cars and why would you pick the winner?

My picks are;

#1 Rick Perry, he's like John Wayne toilet paper, rough and tough and don't take crap from no one.

2nd place: Rick Santorum, a little hot under the collar, I could see him spin out his own mother to win.

3rd place: Barrack Obama, he don't have any experience but he knows how to win

4th place: Mitt Romney, he's a slick enough to cheat in the pits but not good enough to win

5th place: Ron Paul, his loyal fans are enough motivate him to a decent finish.

6th place: Newt Gingrich, he's not one to pretend he's a race car driver but could tell you the history behind it all.

7th place: John Huntsman, he's never attended a race, doesn't know a thing about it...I don't think Utah even has a track?

8th place: Michelle Bachman, DNQ

These placings are in no way a reflection of my political views, rather a calculated assumption of who could wheel a race car.

updated by @jim-wilmore: 01/07/17 09:13:23PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
12 years ago
3,119 posts

Sorry Jim. I don't have time to respond right now. The South Carolina Republican Primary is coming up Saturday and our phone won't stop ringing long enough for me to rate the drivers.Most are computer calls and no one speaks. The others are recorded messages which don't give me a chance to respond. If I ever get a live human on the other end, they will get an earful and I won't care who they are calling about. I will say this: I wish everyone on YOUR list WAS going to drive a race car and someone like Richard Petty was running for President.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Jerry Williams2
@jerry-williams2
12 years ago
17 posts

Obama's nascar lisence is a fake and I have never seen a set of jumper cables in a nascar pit anyway.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

Robbie you're spot on, there would also have to be a recount of the laps led, laps finished, etc. it would be the hanging chad all over again. The government would take a good thing like a simple race and ruin it, the media would get involved and pressure the flagman to black flag anyone that was a front runner, the super packs would run negative advertising on the rear quarter panels, it would be a total train wreck before the race even started.

@Tim, you are the prize winner, you linked this forum to the runoff in South Carolina...way to go. That is exactly where I got the idea. I was curious to where the candidates were holding shop and it turned out to be Columbia. I was hoping there would be ONE candidate that would use South Carolina's racing history as a backdrop for their run but so far I can't find any candidate that will support my theory that if one did use stock car racing as their theme they just might win the primary's but nope, the are just not that smart and I'm not surprised. What's the old saying..."When in Rome do as the Roman's do".

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
12 years ago
488 posts

Jim R you are tracking.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Unfortunately for our household Tim, we are getting all of YOUR SC campaign commercials on our Charlotte tv stations beaming "south of the border." I have no favorite among any of the candidates and the ads are starting to grate on me.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

The worst part of the old Southern 500 races was having to listen to all the political speeches, starting with Strom Thurmond, in pre-race.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"