Sandy Lynch

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

While going through some old articles I ran across the name of Sandy Lynch. He was described as a long time stock car driver and promoter from Winston-Salem, N.C.. The article was from June of 1956.

Can anyone tell me more about Mr. Lynch?

updated by @dennis-andrews: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

T. Taylor Warren Photo as Posted on Studebaker Racing Site:

1951 Southern 500 at Darlington

Earl Moss Studebaker Commander #86 leads this pack which includes SANDY LYNCH in Ford #97 and Joe Eubanks' #82 Olds down the Darlington backstretch.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

Thanks Dave, I have found Mr. Lynch's name in a few articles posted by Robert Mitchell from Peace Haven and Bowman Gray. It says there he was from Jacksonville Fla.

bill mcpeek
@bill-mcpeek
12 years ago
820 posts

Dennis, Mr. Sandy Neal Lynch was born in Jacksonville, Florida 5-24-1922 and had 2 Nascar starts, Both in 1951 when he was 29 yrs old. He started 32th and finished 66th. at Darlington and fell out with a DNF after 215 laps. His only other start was at the old Macon Speedway and he was credited with a 0 lap and DNF. He would be 90 today so its possible he's still with us. I have many friends in the Jacksonville Stock Car Hall of Fame and will see if I can find anything else out about Mr. Lynch.

Robert Staley
@robert-staley
12 years ago
86 posts

On a totally unrelated subject, when did they take that crossover bridge, shown in the photo, down ?