WHY IS BOBBY ISAAC FORGOTTEN IN HICKORY...........?

RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
A REQUEST TO THE PEOPLE OF HICKORY,NC AND PEOPLE THAT ATTEND THE HICKORY MOTOR SPEEDWAY......PLEASE HELP ME IN GETTING BOBBY RECOGNIZED AT YOUR MALL ON US 70. THEY HAVE A GREAT BIG OLE SIGN UP IN THE MALL PRAISING THE TWO WINSTON CUP CHAMPIONS FROM YOUR COUNTY.......NED JARRETT AND DALE JARRETT. I'VE ASKED WHY BOBBY ISAAC ISN'T INCLUDED AND HAVE NEVER BEEN GIVEN AN ANSWER. START CALLING, WRITING AND ASKING WHEN YOU ARE AT THE MALL ON US 70 IN HICKORY...( I THINK THE NAME IS THE HICKORY MALL) ...WE NEED TO GET BOBBY RECOGNIZED ALONG WITH NED AND DALE BEFORE HE IS FORGOTTEN. THANKS TO ALL THAT COULD HELP....RANDY
updated by @randy-gilbert: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
Well Randy, lets see... 37 wins in 308 races. 50 poles, 20 in one season (1969). 1970 National champion. Set 28 individual records in a 1971 trip to Bonneville with the K & K Dodge Daytona. A National hero and Champion with many veteran fans in Nascar.Yup, he belongs. Keep the pressure up.Pete in Michigan
mark christopher isaac
@mark-christopher-isaac
14 years ago
2 posts
Pete Banchoff said:
Well Randy, lets see... 37 wins in 308 races. 50 poles, 20 in one season (1969). 1970 National champion. Set 28 individual records in a 1971 trip to Bonneville with the K & K Dodge Daytona. A National hero and Champion with many veteran fans in Nascar.

Yup, he belongs. Keep the pressure up.

Pete in Michigan
Bryan Ogle
@bryan-ogle
14 years ago
4 posts
Hey Randy, sounds like a good idea, I don't remember much about Bobby but dad drove his cars a few times at Hickory when he could'nt make it back from the grand national races and dad finished the race in bobbys car the night he died.
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
BRYAN, THAT WAS A WONDERFUL THING FOR YOUR DAD TO DO...I DO HAVE SOME MORE PICTURES OF YOUR DAD AND (you know how slow i can get)..I WILL GET THEM TO YOU AS SOON AS I CAN...HOPEFULLY WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS...THANKS, RANDY Bryan Ogle said:
Hey Randy, sounds like a good idea, I don't remember much about Bobby but dad drove his cars a few times at Hickory when he could'nt make it back from the grand national races and dad finished the race in bobbys car the night he died.
mark christopher isaac
@mark-christopher-isaac
14 years ago
2 posts
bobby was my great uncle he should be recognized just like the jarretts the bobby isaac motorsports program helps out so many young men in the racing field the jarretts what have they done to help catawaba county,nothing . lets get bobby the recognition he deserves
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
MARK, THANKS FOR REPLYING TO THIS DISCUSSION....PLEASE CALL, WRITE, OR DROP BY THE MALL OFFICE AND ASK THEM TO PLEASE RECOGNIZE BOBBY....PRINT COPIES OF THIS DISCUSSION BOARD IF YOU WANT TO AND LET THEM KNOW PEOPLE WANT THE PROBLEM FIXED...AND FIXED FAST....AND GET OTHER PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME THING....IF YOU COULD GET HELP FROM THE PEOPLE AT THE HICKORY SPEEDWAY TO WRITE A LETTER OR TWO...THAT MIGHT HELP....MAYBE WHEN THE SEASON STARTS IT COULD BE ANNOUNCED OVER THE LOUD SPEAKERS THAT WE NEED HELP IN GETTING THIS DONE....ONE MAN CAN NOT GET IT DONE, BUT IN BUNCHES.......I BET WE CAN....I'VE WRITEN WITH NO RESPONSE...AND WHEN I'VE ASKED THE QUESTION TO THE MALL COPS OR SOME OF THE STORE MANAGERS ALL I HAVE GOTTEN IS "I DUNNO"..........OR "BOBBY WHO?".........MAKES ME WANT TO LEAVE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SHOP.....THANKS AGAIN FOR HELPING....SEE YA, RANDYPS..........KEEP ME UPDATED ON ANYTHING THAT YOU SEE BEING DONE TO CHANGE THIS.... mark christopher isaac said:
bobby was my great uncle he should be recognized just like the jarretts the bobby isaac motorsports program helps out so many young men in the racing field the jarretts what have they done to help catawaba county,nothing . lets get bobby the recognition he deserves
Don Good
@don-good
14 years ago
5 posts
I agree entirely. I grew up in Hickory and Bobby was, and still is, my all-time favorite.
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
THANKS DON, HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU IN A WHILE...THANKS, RANDY Don Good said:
I agree entirely. I grew up in Hickory and Bobby was, and still is, my all-time favorite.
RANDY GILBERT
@randy-gilbert
14 years ago
17 posts
DUANE, THANKS SO MUCH.... I DO USE TRACK FORMS....I DON'T KNOW WHY I NEVER THOUGHT OF PUTTING THE REQUEST ON THAT WEB PAGE. I JUST POSTED IT ON THE HICKORY, NC TRACK PAGE..THANKS FOR HELPING ME THINK....I GUESS I'M JUST GETTING OLD.....I SURE DO NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET....THANKS AGAIN, RANDY Duane Goins said:
DAVID  E HODGDON
@david-e-hodgdon
14 years ago
3 posts
you are so write bobby was grate also tinny lund DH
Curtis Rice
@curtis-rice
14 years ago
2 posts
I new Bobby when he was racing. I was on a crew racing against him and my sister filled in on scoring him for several races. He was always a gentleman and class act. He was most assertive while behind the wheel and let that do the talking. With what he accomplished in just a few years,that should now be a SHOUT and not a whisper. What's up with all this selective history? And who says NASCAR ain't political?!?! Give the Champion the respect and credit he so justly deserves. I'm from the Richmond area so I will have no problem not shopping at that mall,but get Bobby recognised too!!