Is This Bobby Allison @ Ascot?

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

Rumor has it that Bobby Allison was power sliding the #27 Holly Farms Poultry 1964 Ford Galaxie at Ascot in this sequence from the 1965 movie "Red Line 7000."

Anybody know? That sure ain't Junior Johnson wheeling the car!

Maybe just a Hollywood stunt driver.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"

updated by @dave-fulton: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

I do know that Larry Frank shot race action for the movie with front fender, rear fender and in-car cameras at Daytona in July 1964 and Riverside in January 1965.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Carol Bell
@carol-bell
12 years ago
36 posts

Well, I can truthfully say, I haven't got a clue. Bobby Allison did race at Saugus and it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibilty. They filmed at Ascot a number of times, as well as Saugus.

Max Plummer
@max-plummer
12 years ago
89 posts

Dave,,,Maybe Dan Gurney? The reason i say that is,,I read where he did some movie driving..Just a guess though..

Max Plummer
@max-plummer
12 years ago
89 posts

Darn it one day,,, i am going to learn how to post the video instead of the URL.

Max Plummer
@max-plummer
12 years ago
89 posts

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
12 years ago
589 posts

What do you "made to look like Harry Gant"? Stan Barrett WAS the original Skoal Bandit driver for a handful of races in 22, until Harry Gant joined the second car, 33, after Atlanta.

Dennis  Garrett
@dennis-garrett
12 years ago
560 posts

Redline 7000 stunt driver- Carey Loftin
Biography for Carey Loftin
Date of Birth: 31 January 1914, Blountstown, Florida, USA
Date of Death: 4 March 1997, Huntington Beach, California, USA

Birth Name: William Carey Loftin

Mini Biography
Arguably Hollywood's greatest stunt driver ever, Carey Loftin's amazing driving and stunt skills were utilized in dozens of Hollywood productions over a period of nearly half a century.

Loftin was born on January thirty-first, 1914 in Blountstown, Florida and broke into movie stunt work in the late 1930s. Loftin's expertise with motor vehicle's including cars, trucks & motorcycles saw him involved in contributing his skills to numerous cult films of the 1960s / 1970s that featured thrilling car chase sequences including The Love Bug (1968), Bullitt (1968), Vanishing Point (1971)Diamonds Are Forever (1971), The French Connection (1971), Duel (1971) (TV), Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974) and White Line Fever (1975). The versatile Loftin also appeared in front of the camera as an actor in over seventy minor roles during his long career.

Loftin was still contributing stunt and driving work in feature films until his mid-seventies, and eventually retired from film in 1991. He died in March 1997, in Huntington Beach, California from natural causes.

IMDb Mini Biography By: firehouse44@hotmail.com

Spouse
Carol (7 December 1975 - ?)

Trivia
Motoryclist.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0517444/bio