The Rock

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

The Camping World Truck Series will be back at "The Rock" on April 12-14, 2013. Tickets already on sale.

updated by @dennis-andrews: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

NASCAR taking Trucks back to Rockingham
By Jim Utter - jutter@charlotteobserver.com
Wednesday, Sep. 26, 2012

NASCARs return to Rockingham Speedway appeared from all sides a rousing success.

Wednesday, the track made official that it will get an encore performance in 2013.

Rockingham again will host a Truck Series race in April next year, again on the same weekend the Sprint Cup Series will be at Texas Motor Speedway. The Cup race will be Saturday, April 13, with the Truck race at Rockingham on April 14.

We got our report card from NASCAR, and it looks like we got an A-plus, track owner Andy Hillenburg said of this seasons race, which was the first NASCAR national series event at the track since 2004.

Fans, drivers, teams; everyone embraced our 2012 event, said Hillenburg.

Cup series star Kasey Kahne, fresh off the race the night before at Texas, arrived on race day, started from the back of the field, and won the Truck series inaugural visit to the track 90 miles southeast of Charlotte.

Its been a long road back since we bought this race track in 2007, said Hillenburg. There were a few times along the way where I wasnt sure we were going to make it. But when I looked up in the grandstands during driver introductions in April, it made me extremely proud.

That was a very important day in the history of Rockingham Speedway, but it was just one step on the road.

Inaugural events tend to get bigger turnouts, more media and pique the curiosity of fans. Rockingham had the kind of Truck race weekend many in NASCAR hoped it would.

The future of NASCAR at The Rock likely will depend more upon what transpires next April.

The track took a gigantic, successful step back into the limelight this season. Only fans will determine whether it remains there.

Read more here: http://www.thatsracin.com/2012/09/26/95066/nascar-taking-truck-series-back.html#storylink=cpy

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
12 years ago
1,783 posts

Andy Hillenburg will be on The Goat Rodeo Tuesday night.

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
12 years ago
9,137 posts

That was a nice recognition.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
12 years ago
835 posts

I am glad that Nascar is back at the Rock. I am even happier that racing is back at the Rock. I plan on making very event I can there to show my appreciation to Andy Hillenburg. I've attended ARCA, UARA, K & N, Street Stock, Chump Car and Nascar races at Rockingham. Even raced at the Rock in SCCA back in the day. I will go as long as I am able, even if Nascar does not. So yeah, for me it is more about Andy and the speedway than the sanctioning body.

Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
11 years ago
835 posts

To the top!

Now is the time to get your tickets! Don't wait, buy now and get the best seats. Andy needs our support, he depends on the fans being in the seats. I was at last years truck race and watched on TV the next day. Being there was much better. Don't miss your chance to experience The Rock.

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore
11 years ago
488 posts

I plan on going again and bringing the family

Patsy Thompkins ~ Keisler
@patsy-thompkins-keisler
11 years ago
559 posts

Awesome pics, Jim!!

Jim Wilmore
@jim-wilmore