Is there a contest I missed?

Bill Hupp
@bill-hupp
14 years ago
32 posts

Two members have been inviting left and right, to the point where I'm getting invites to fans of guys I never heard of. Over 100 invites and counting. I don't feel like I'm complaining or anything, it's just weird seeing a dozen or so in my mailbox every day.

So what does the winner get, hmmm? Free weekend stay at Jeff's place or something?

updated by @bill-hupp: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
J.C. HAYES
@jc-hayes
14 years ago
37 posts
hi i'm sorry about that the other guy was helping me out we are both very sorry we are only going to send 1 club a day sorry
Bill Hupp
@bill-hupp
14 years ago
32 posts
Wow J.C. 3 sorrys in one sentence! No need to be apologetic friend, I was just curious.Kinda funny in a way-almost like RJ and his 256 photos a day-LOL (No offense RJ you know I love em!)
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
a free lap around columbia speedway polish style
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
I don't know.........I'm not a complainer, either............but I would rather be a member of a club honoring a person that I am somewhat familiar with..........or at least know something of their history. I'm all for preserving the information and history of this sport, but I was starting to wonder if there was a contest, also.
Pete Banchoff
@pete-banchoff
14 years ago
279 posts
When I set up a fan page for a driver, I use my friends list to invite them to join if they're interested. Many of my friends do join and I join the fan pages they created to expand my knowledge of other drivers and tracks. I know in J.C.'s case he, I believe, was asked by Jeff to set up fan pages and has hundreds set up that I enjoy. When I got several requests to join clubs from J.C I knew it was something unintentional. I appreciate everything J.C has done and if you're not looking at fan pages or clubs, check them out. There is a lot of info and pics that you don't see in the photo section of RR.Pete
Ricky J. Coody
@ricky-j-coody
14 years ago
16 posts
I've been invited to join a few clubs also and thought at first, I don't know this racer, which led to my next thought, my loss! What better way to learn about these veterans of racing, past and present! I now look forward to invites, it's like meeting new people and reaquainting with ones I do know! My next goal is to meet as many of you racers in person as possible! It's GREAT to meet people I already know and get to know the ones that have already taken that last checkered flag!!! RR makes this possible! Rick Coody
Ernest Sutton
@ernest-sutton
14 years ago
181 posts
I have to agree.....my loss. Thanks for the different point of view, Ricky.