camaro #4 driven by stick elliott

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
11 years ago
112 posts

does anyone remember this car - it was yellow with number four camaro - in the earley seventies he won the shrine one hundred in it - latter it was painted blue with a white top still number four sponsored by roberta factory outlet - does anyone have a picture of this car - i had a few but cant put my hands on them now .

updated by @david-earnhardt: 01/30/17 04:00:28PM
Max Plummer
@max-plummer
11 years ago
89 posts

David,, i also remember the car,,,man i hope someone has a picture of the car..I triedGoogle but came up empty handed.Let's hope someone has the picture id love to see it again.

Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
11 years ago
52 posts

David,

Stick's three daughters are on this site.We kinda stay in touch with one of the twins Charlotte Dawn Daves Licha. You knowStick's last name was Daves and not Elliott as mentioned. The other twin is April Daves and both are in Spartanburg. Dawn works in Verizon Wireless at Spartanburg. The other daughter, by his first marriage, is Samantha Chambers from Gaffney. They are all very nice young ladies and are sure they will be happy to send you a copy of the photo you want. If you contact Dawn, tell her we gave you the info.

God bless and we love you,

Billy and Barbara Scott

Billy & Barbara Scott
@billy-barbara-scott
11 years ago
52 posts

David, If you pull up Dawn's pageyou will have to put two names together to pull it up. You will use

Charlotte DawnDaves Licha.

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Hey David , the Gaffney Ledger put out a racing paper in the early 70`s and there is a picture of it in it . I think i have a copy .

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

I found picture of yellow # 4 but i dont how to get it on to this site. Can anyone tell me how

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

I have the picture on my computer jest dont know what to do .

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Sticks camaro

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Sticks camaro

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Billy , this is Sticks twins sitting in the O L Nixon chevelle i restored

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Sticks grandson in chevelle at Stick Elliot memoral at Cherokee speedway

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Were you there when stick wonthe Shrine 100 in 74 ? I dont know if David Earnhardt saw the picture of the # 4 i sent . Do you remember when Stick and Carl Smart ran into the ditch in the infield at Shelby ? Carl was in Love/Simpson orange 16 and Stick was in the Earnhardt # 8 ?

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

OK thanks . I hope somebody out there has a picture of this wreck and a would love to see a picture of Stick in Earnhardts # 8 and Billy Scott in the Dunlap yellow # 50 camaro

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
11 years ago
112 posts

johnny - thank you so much for posting this - do you happen to know any history on this car .

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
11 years ago
112 posts

i was at the shrine 100 when stick won it - i think it was the second annual - i have somewhere a few pictures of the number four camaro after it was repainted blue with a white top - they were taken at concord - i wish i had a picture of stick in ralphs number eight - you know stick drove the dunlap cream color number fifty a few times - i saw him start in the rear at concord in a big race and drive it to the front only to lose oil pressure with ten to go - i really appreciate you posting the number four camaro - i was also wondering if you know any history on the car - also just wondering if you remember stick driving a day race at concord in a cream color number 92 - i think it was once a pavement car because it still had the back glass in it - a friend of mine says it may be the four camaro repainted - i dont know - they were about the same model - your restore car looks awesome - cant wait to see it in person .

david earnhardt
@david-earnhardt
11 years ago
112 posts

i wasnt at shelby - but i was at concord both times stick and carl got together - also i was at carolina when kirby allen spun stick off turn two bending the clip on the 57 chevelle - o.l nixon had them go get the chevy II - stick started in the rear and finished third - also about this time there was a blue mustang number 15 - stick drove this car just a few times at carolina - do you remember it .

Johnny Bowen
@johnny-bowen
11 years ago
31 posts

Stick bought this car from Mike Duvall . For a while it was red & gold # 4 . Roby Combs got Stick and Barry Wright togather and Butch Bowen painted it yellow . A little later on they painted blue with a white top along with the earnhardt chavelle .