Lee Petty's 1954 Championship car.

Jeff Gillies
@jeff-gillies
11 years ago
1 posts

I am trying to build a 1/25 or 1/24 scale model of the 1954 championship car Lee Petty drove. Can anyone tell me was the car white with a red top? And did the style of font used on the numbers change a lot? I am having a difficult time finding many reference photos of the cars he drove in 1954 to compare. Also, finding a 1/25th or 1/24th scale model of the '54 Chrysler and the decals for it are challenging as well. If anyone can help me I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

updated by @jeff-gillies: 12/05/16 04:00:58PM
Devin
@devin
11 years ago
618 posts

Mr. Tim Leeming may be able to help you along with several others here. I am sending him a link to your post now. He should be around tomorrow morning.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

I'm sure to have pictures around here somewhere. I will look and let you know. I think the top was red, as I recall. The font on the numbers did change a little. Billy Biscoe, a member here, may be of more help that I. He may even have one of the old cars in his collection! Good luck.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
11 years ago
238 posts
RRandy Ayers modeling forum will have the answers.