How many times Danica was mentioned in the Daytona 500

Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
11 years ago
119 posts

Amazing. I guess this could be Daytona 500 in 1:32.

updated by @christopher-krul: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

They only counted 120 times? I would have sworn D.W. called her name out at least that many times before the race ever started. But that was an interesting video. I repeat my previous opinion: She is good for NASCAR and NASCAR got theirmoney's worth out of the Daytona 500 telecast. Hard to talk about someone qualifying in the 40s and running in the 30s in the other races but still D.W. manages to cover that somehow. And no, I am NOT a hater, I am not jealous, and I am not envious. I just see things as they are and ask "why"? The answer, of course, is money.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

GoGirl is not alone in the lower reaches of the current standings. I offer this note from Jim Utter regarding her car owner and fellow driver:

Even though Tony Stewart is known for slow starts, he has never been outside the top 20 in points after four races during his 15-year NASCAR career. He is 24th.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Tommie  Clinard
@tommie-clinard
11 years ago
209 posts

Someone really had a lot of wasted time on their hands to do this.

What pray tell does it matter how many times her name is mentioned.It has already been proven that she is very vital to the attendance and of new fans (women) being drawn to the sport.

Why don't we as fans just sit back and enjoy the racing or turn off the TV. That is one's option.

Let's go racing boys and girls. Tell 'em bout it DW and Mikey.

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
11 years ago
83 posts

yup......

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I think they have the same person counting those mentions who is counting those green flag passes. Killing two birds with one stone you know!

--
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I think "they" are just telling us that. Probably really have a little bent over person wearing a green eyeshade in an old ticket booth with a TV watching the telecast and trying to count. Most likely someone who was hired by Morris Metcalfe, who didn't believe in computerized scoring!

--