Special for all my Racers Reunion Friends. Act quickly!!!!!

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts

The State Newspaper article this morning, Sunday, March 7, 2010, page C13, written by George Diaz of the Orlando Sentinal states that Tim Tebow, the University of Florida quarterback with all the perfect marketing assets, is now charging $160.00 for his autograph. That is ONE HUNDRED SIXTY AND 00/100 ($160.00) Dollars for an autograph!!!!! Scottie Pippen wants over $700.00 for an autographed jersey. Oh, the article goes on to explain why and how these stars are entitled to such fees for autographs and it's up to you to decide whether or not those reasons are actually worthy of acceptance. I have known that baseball players have, for years, charged to sign autographs but for whatever absurd reason, baseball players are presumed to be the God-like creatures of the sports world.

So, friends and Racers Reunion members, here's my special arrangment for each of you:

My autograph on plain paper: $ 35.00

My autograph on a poster NOT including my picture:$ 65.00

My autograph on a poster CONTAINING my picture:$100.00

My autograph on a Hanes white t-shirt: $125.00

My autograph on a Hanes colored t-shirt:$150.00

My autograph on a Racers Reunion t-shirt:$200.00

Ok, folks, there you have it. Please do not quote these prices to non Racers Reunion members as these prices at only for you. I can assure you that my autograph is much moreglamorous than Tim Tebow's. I've seen his. Looks like a kindergartner's first attempt at cursive writing. Sorry, Tim, but that's my opinion and guys whogave away free autographs a couple hundred years ago on a certain document gives me the right to say it.

Tim

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:02:07PM
Jeff Gilder
@jeff-gilder
14 years ago
1,783 posts
Send me one of them on plain paper...I plan to forge it and redistribute it...through a Chinese connection of course. I think I can get $10.00 for the counterfeit piece on ebay....might sell a few thousand there.thanks!

--
Founder/Creator - RacersReunion®
Ricky J. Coody
@ricky-j-coody
14 years ago
16 posts
Our hearts must go out to these poor unfortunate athletes that "sacrifice" so much! IN A PIGS EYE, or other end!! I quit watching pro baseball 20 or so years ago,( the poor multi-millionaire strike) followed by pro football, and now don't like the idea of possiblely boycotting NCAA ball, it's all I have left! I remember the first of very few times I was asked for an autograph,I didn't know what to think or how to react until I looked at this kid and saw a future race car driver that will carry on our sport!! We can only hope and pray that our athletes don't stoop to such lows and become the "the south end of a north bound JACK........!!!" Rick
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
14 years ago
3,259 posts
Ricky,wait till you do a reunion like cola or augusta or another one i have wore out a pen last year signing autographs--Tim and myself were signing one after another in augusta after people decided we were not gonna fight but its kinda neat knowing that people will walk up to u and ask for your picture or autograph ----better days are coming sir Ricky J. Coody said:
Our hearts must go out to these poor unfortunate athletes that "sacrifice" so much! IN A PIGS EYE, or other end!! I quit watching pro baseball 20 or so years ago,( the poor multi-millionaire strike) followed by pro football, and now don't like the idea of possiblely boycotting NCAA ball, it's all I have left! I remember the first of very few times I was asked for an autograph,I didn't know what to think or how to react until I looked at this kid and saw a future race car driver that will carry on our sport!! We can only hope and pray that our athletes don't stoop to such lows and become the "the south end of a north bound JACK........!!!" Rick
Ricky J. Coody
@ricky-j-coody
14 years ago
16 posts
Hey Johnny, I think that chargeing money for autographs is a really bad example for our future athletes (drivers) and I hope the race car drivers never start doing that. I never felt so priviledged when I was asked for an autograph and gladly "gave" to our sport! So many kids look up to all athletes and they should be careful of the examples they set! Rick johnny mallonee said:
Ricky,wait till you do a reunion like cola or augusta or another one i have wore out a pen last year signing autographs--Tim and myself were signing one after another in augusta after people decided we were not gonna fight but its kinda neat knowing that people will walk up to u and ask for your picture or autograph ----better days are coming sir

Ricky J. Coody said:
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
14 years ago
3,119 posts
Jeff!!!!!! You marketing genius!!!!! Let's do this instead. I'll drop the "Tim" and just use Leeming and when the autograph gets to China we can change that to "Lee Ming" and sell the autographs from the Ming Dynasty! Soon to be millionaires!!!!!!!!! Want to buy a race team?

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Unique Hiram
@unique-hiram
14 years ago
6 posts
I think the members of TSCM should get a discount of 70% :o)