Richard Petty To Appear at the 2013 Middle Georgia RacersRenion

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

A Special guest will be at Middle Ga Reunion this year.. Some of you will want to come just for the autograph,others will go for the photo,but some will go because its MGR. The fastest half mile of its day..

NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty will be among the drivers at this years Racers Reunion Festival Aug. 31 at the Middle Georgia Raceway in Byron, according to a news release.

In addition to an autograph session with the drivers, the festival also will feature monster truck rides, food, entertainment, crafts and a moonshine still. Admission prices have not been finalized, but a portion of the proceeds will go toward Victory Junction, the release states. Victory Junction is a camp for children with serious illnesses that was founded in honor of Pettys late grandson, Adam Petty.

A news conference is planned for noon Monday at Jeff Smith Chevrolet in Byron to announce additional details about the event.

updated by @johnny-mallonee: 12/05/16 04:08:38PM
Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

sounds like this will be a great event

Devin
@devin
11 years ago
618 posts

Awesome, Johnny!

Buddy Perryman
@buddy-perryman
11 years ago
54 posts
I hope to be there.
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

Wouldnt it be great to have both the King AND the Legend under one tent at MGR ? If they both are there together a fair warning to all, these two get carried away bench racing--ear muffs may be necessary.

I cant tell you what Richard told me about Tim but it will be brought out in the open there...

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Class act to donate part of the proceeds to Victory Junction.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

you are coming arent you Dave??

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

i wish.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
debbie glass
@debbie-glass
11 years ago
1 posts

This will great having Richard Petty there everyone always has a good time and alot of good cars show up. I'm looking forward to the show.

Johnny Mallonee
@johnny-mallonee
11 years ago
3,259 posts

be looking for you there

Richard Guido
@richard-guido
11 years ago
238 posts
Ear muffs with Richard and Tim ? Please pull me out of my cubby hole to make a trip to see two legends.Sorry Tim, you are second
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Mr. Guido, I have no problem being second. My only problem is whether or not I would actually be allowed to sit next to The King to sign autographs. That would, indeed, be a banner day for The Legend. Not too sure how The King would like it, but I haven't aggrevated him since April, 2009, so he is due!!!!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.