11 years ago
83 posts

Deserves it....

updated by @wally-bell: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Andy DeNardi
@andy-denardi
11 years ago
365 posts
I'm not certain that he deserves it. I think he was only one point out which is unfortunate, but he had a lousy season and wasn't in the top ten in points. But I'm happy that NASCAR let him in because we're that much closer to the old days when the championship ran all year and everyone was eligible.I don't have a problem with Gilliland letting Logano by, that happens all the time. I do find fault with intentional spins or creating debris to bring out a caution. That kind of race manipulation is what makes the sport look like wrestling sometimes. NASCAR has a history of cheating and they're proud of it. I think it's time for that to stop.This isn't the Fifties, we're not racing for a hundred bucks so that we can make the mortgage payment. This is a major professional sport and cheating is not encouraged in any other top level sport. Sports have become more and more corrupt over the last hundred years as more money is poured into them. We've raised kids to think that it's OK to bend the rules and to lie about it. The goal is now to win at any cost and that attitude has spread to Washington and Wall Street.These shenanigans may have always been occurring in NASCAr but I'm glad that Brian France is at least paying lip service to creating a level playing field. Maybe he'll take it far enough that independents actually have a chance for a top five finish again. Maybe it will force Daytona to abandon this stupid playoff idea and go back to a season long championship.Ryan Newman doesn't have much of a chance. He's a lame duck who's never won a championship. But we know that Hendrick has good cars. We know that Gordon knows how to get the big prize. He's only got a year or two left before he retires and he has the fire in his belly to go out on top. Stewart pulled it off just two years ago and it would bring a lot of positive feelings to NASCAR if he and Kenseth (or a Busch) took it down to the wire
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

This whole situation is farcical. They've attempted to herd cats, nail Jell-O to a tree and put toothpaste back into the tube.

I'm sure as most often happens that the cream will rise to the top as the next 10 races proceed. But in a twisted way, I hope the Cup goes to the wire at Homestead with lame ducks Newman, Harvick, Kurt battling it out with the last minute added 24 being right there as the spoiler in the event the other 3 fall by the wayside.

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

UPDATED CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP STANDINGS
Pos. Driver Points Behind
1 Matt Kenseth 2015 --
2 Jimmie Johnson 2012 -3
3 Kyle Busch 2012 -3
4 Kevin Harvick 2006 -9
5 Carl Edwards 2006 -9
6 Joey Logano 2003 -12
7 Greg Biffle 2003 -12
8 Clint Bowyer 2000 -15
9 Dale Earnhardt Jr. 2000 -15
10 Kurt Busch 2000 -15
11 Kasey Kahne 2000 -15
12 Ryan Newman 2000 -15
13 Jeff Gordon 2000 -15

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

It's Friday the 13th.... what could possibly go wrong for NASCAR?!

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Christopher Krul
@christopher-krul
11 years ago
119 posts

It still does not address the real issue or punish the people who caused this mess enough. BAN MWR from the racing this season. They have proven to deliberately alter races for their own good and will continue to do so. The penalty was a slap on the wrist. Even if they were to ban MWR from the chase, I still would not watch this WWE style racing anymore because that is what this has become. Sorry ladies and gentlemen, I am done watching NASCAR after this. I will watch ARCA or other forms of stock car racing but no longer NASCAR Sprint Cup racing.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Excellent points Christopher and I agree MWR should be banned for the rest of this year, if not forever. I suppose I will still watch, at least the next race or two, just to see if NASCAR has any hope of becoming a player in the sports world again. I have heard so, so many negative things about the sanctioning body and very few positive. I think ARCA is a great series for sure. Well, I guess the sponsors, 5-Hour Spinergy, NAPA NO HOW, and Aarons Cheats will continue to consider their next move.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.