Thank Goodness for The Rules of Engagement

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Our fearless leader, Jeff Gilder, once posted Rules of Engagement which essentially forbid crude remarks and name calling. For this reason I am restrained from adequately expressing by total disgust with the way NASCAR Race Control handled the Nationwide race tonight. To allow the cars to continue to run under caution for that length of time is unprecedented in recent years. A red flag should have been displayed. They were even routing the cars down pit road for two or three laps.

In my estimation, it was an effort by NASCAR to manipulate the outcome of both the race and the championship. Not sure if they got all they wanted but they sure made the effort.

I am cringing at the thought of what travesties may be pulled off tomorrow in the Cup race. It is very obvious, at least from my point of view, that ALL of the crooks and liars are not located inside the D.C. Beltway.

Not that it matters or that anyone in NASCAR cares, but you will be closely watched tomorrow. This may be your last chance with many fans.

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

updated by @tim-leeming: 12/05/16 04:04:08PM
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

NASCAR will always pamper and do ANYthing for #3.....no matter the series, who's driving, etc. Surprisingly pretty good racing until that point. In my opinion, NASCAR really screwed the #12.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Unprecedented in recent years not to throw a red flag rather than keep circling the track near conclusion using pit road.

I never before believed in the conspiracies, but it was obvious tonight who NASCAR wanted going forward with a championship.

--
"Any Day is Good for Stock Car Racing"
Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

The fearless leader might be reading the script in the recent photo posted by Danny Quick:

--
Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Hahahahaha!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

When we were doing the Heinz racing program, we gave out " Pickle " watches to everybody in the Cup garage.

Should have given one to Brian to remind him of the "pickle" he's put NASCAR in.

--
TMC Chase
@tmc-chase
11 years ago
4,073 posts

--
Schaefer: It's not just for racing anymore.
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

As if I weren't already sick enough over NASCAR's handling of that Nationwide race, I come back here and see pictures of BZF. That man's face is enough to gag a buzzard on a gut wagon!

--
What a change! It's been awhile since I've checked in and I'm quite surprised. It may take me awhile to figure it our but first look it's really great.

Wally Bell
@wally-bell
11 years ago
83 posts

Tim "Rues" the day....... <smile>

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Wally, you are correct that I "rue" the day the sport I cared about so much became fodder for jokes with the stand up comedians. Twelve laps under caution last night in Homestead was a very obvious effort by NASCAR Race Control to manipulate the outcome of that race and the championship. Not MY conspiracy theory but an obvious effort to accomplish what NASCAR felt was best for its bank account. As I stated, I will attempt to watch the Cup finale today, with a strong emphasis on "attempt". The actions of NASCAR and some involved in the sport have degraded what was build by such heroes and pioneers honored by this site. Yes, I "rue" the day when someone takes over the sport who doesn't give a damn where he takes the sport as long as it keeps up his lavish lifestyle and pays his alimony and child support.

--

Charles Ray Stocks
@charles-ray-stocks
11 years ago
222 posts

i totally agree with all of you guys

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

You guys are spot on! They screwed the #12 royally, and it was very evident as they were doing it, and it was on the face of Roger Penske when he received his owner trophy.

Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Thanks, Will. The comments here are all well respected as I think highly of all the commenters. Your deep involvement in the sport for so long makes me feel vindicated that I was seeing the same thing you were seeing. I absolutely was stunned when no red flag was displayed. Routing the cars through the pits and still no red flag. It is a huge black mark for Nationwide and NASCAR. No wonder Nationwide is bailing as did NAPA. Maybe when the lack of dollars makes an impact on the sport, it will take care of the lack of "sense" in the management of the sport.

--

Cody Dinsmore
@cody-dinsmore
11 years ago
589 posts

Some of you may have noticed tonight when Paul Menard had his tire go down.....he was on track for atleast 1 1/2 laps until he came in. The car was shooting flames and dropping debris all over the track, but no caution. Why, you may ask?? Because Dale Earnhardt Jr was gaining on his newly gained lead. The caution didn't fly until Menard's tire exploded in pit lane and smoke was filling the sky, probably would've affected driving conditions.

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

I think you're dead on target with your observation, Cody.

And - for goodness sake - why didn't they swarm over that car with fire extinguishers when it hit pit road?

--
Tim Leeming
@tim-leeming
11 years ago
3,119 posts

Way to go Cody. Now, please explain to me how Donovan McNabb is such a idiot and is allowed to even comment on whether or not Jimmie is an athlete.

--

RockHillWill
@will-cronkrite
11 years ago
167 posts

Just random thinking here, but if they were thinking what I was thinking, I would not have gotten too excited about using a fire extinguisher either.

From looking at the time it took for the 'sparks' to cool down in the path that the car was leaving, it seemed appropriate to think it was a brake rotor failing. If that was the case, the 'stray' pieces of the brake rotor would have been dragging thru the remnants of old tirecords that were left on the car and around the axle housing from an earlier incident. This would have the possibility of cutting thru a brake line to the right rear tire. The lack of smoke from the flames while it was on the track would indicate the lack of a petroleum source of the flame, leaving the possibility that it was brake fluid. If that were the case, as soon as the driver stopped, the flames would stop shortly after the driver quit pumping the brakes, and you could expect the flame to stop at that time, but just before the brake fluid quit appearing, the heat from the fire blew out the tire extinguishing the brake fluid flame at the same time, leaving only the dust from the burnt tire and inner liner to be around.

As always, just a thought!

Dave Fulton
@dave-fulton
11 years ago
9,137 posts

Thanks for the explanation, Will.

--
Dennis Andrews
@dennis-andrews
11 years ago
835 posts

I though NASCAR was breaking its own rule with that way to long of a caution but I was also puzzled about the Penske plan. I thought the goals were 1: win Sam the Championship. 2: Win Owner's Championship. 3: Win the race. I guess when it became apparent Sam was not going to win the race then his driving title became of less importance than no.2 and no.3.

doug dellinger
@doug-dellinger
11 years ago
28 posts

After this "fiasco" and the 48 winning(?) his 6th championship (?) (note: the 43 won 6 CHAMPIONSHIPS for racing THE WHOLE SEASON..not as a " 10 race points leader" )....next year will be the FIRST year, that NASCAR PAYS the fans to show up!!!!!